Community post

Journal

Mirena + Pregnancy Symptoms *Final Update*

*Update 7.15.17*
One final update on my Mirena drama...
I continued to have very, very bad AF-type cramps every day, so this past week I made an appointment to have the Mirena removed. The Dr. sent me for a Beta test on Thursday just to be super certain I wasn't pregnant, and it was negative (unsurprisingly). So as of yesterday, the Mirena is OUT! I'm going back to the Nuvaring which was my trusted friend for over a decade.

I already feel so much better physically, though I must admit I was a little excited at the possibility of another baby. Hormones are whack.

*Update 7.8.17*
All tests coming up negative now. A bit of pink discharge, too, so maybe a period is headed my way? I am relieved but a bit sad. Best wishes to all TTC'ers!

*Update 7.7.17*
Got a very, very faint positive this morning (picture in my gallery). I am FREAKING. THE F%$#. OUT.

Hello CTP - Long time no talk! I am a frequent stalker of this site now even though I am not planning on TTC'ing again. I get so happy for your BFPs and am always sending baby dust to those still trying.

I'm writing today because I am currently driving myself batty. I had the Mirena IUD "installed" in early March and for the first three months, had frequent, long/heavy periods with no predictable schedule (which is "normal" for Mirena). Finally, a month or so ago, things seemed to settle down. Fast forward to last Friday morning, I woke up nauseous and actually threw up. I've been feeling off ever since, with bloating, night sweats, low alcohol tolerance, etc.

I took a few HPTs yesterday which were negative, but still feeling like crap in a very convincing "I feel pregnant" sort of way. I can still feel the threads of the Mirena so I think it's in the right place. Chances I'm actually pregnant are astronomically low. But I just don't know why I am suddenly feeling so weird.

Anyone have these kinds of symptoms on Mirena? Maybe the hormones are just finally settling in and this is how this particular birth control makes me feel? If so, this thing is coming out! I would trade the convenience of 5 year birth control for feeling normal any day.

Anyway, let me know if you have any experience with this. Good luck, best wishes, baby dust, and sticky vibes to all!

~Lib

8 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

Yeesh...that does not sound fun! I have no experience with Mirena so I am not any help but I had similar issues when I was on other forms of birth control. Keep us updated!

6 years ago

Holy crap!!!! That definitely looks positive to me! Congrats!!

6 years ago

Looks positive to me too :)

6 years ago

Thanks for the comments, ladies... I took a few other tests today which look like BFNs, so maybe it was a false positive? Only time will tell - I'll keep you updated.

6 years ago • Post starter

Aww...I thought for sure after that first test you were preggo!

6 years ago

I thought so too! Thanks for the update

6 years ago

Wow, just saw this. Can't believe it. That test did look positive. Just make sure you monitor it because on the commercial it talks about possible ectopic pregnancies, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one. Good luck!

User Image

6 years ago

Thanks again ladies... I am definitely concerned about a possible ectopic. I have lots of pressure and cramps (that feel exactly like the ones I had both times I was pregnant). But the fact that I still have BFNs and no bleeding doesn't match up with ectopic symptoms. I'll be following up with my OB. Either way... I think I am done with the Mirena.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo