Community post

Journal

TTC & the account of Jacob, Leah & Rachel

Last night's Bible class we went through part of a series of idols in our lives, and last night was about love - how we make love our idol in this world and trying to make it more than it is, a gift from God. Below is the account of Jacob, Rachel and Leah in Genesis 29:

Now Laban had two daughters. The name of the older was Leah, and the name of the younger was Rachel. Leah's eyes were weak, but Rachel was beautiful in form and appearance. Jacob loved Rachel. And he said, “I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel.” Laban said, “It is better that I give her to you than that I should give her to any other man; stay with me.” So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed to him but a few days because of the love he had for her.

(Verses 21-30 omitted for spacial reasons)

When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he enabled her to conceive, but Rachel remained childless. Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, “It is because the Lord has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now.” She conceived again and bore a son, and said, “Because the Lord has heard that I am hated, he has given me this son also.” And she called his name Simeon. Again she conceived and bore a son, and said, “Now this time my husband will be attached to me, because I have borne him three sons.” Therefore his name was called Levi. And she conceived again and bore a son, and said, “This time I will praise the Lord.” Therefore she called his name Judah. Then she ceased bearing.

Many times we get too caught up in how much we love someone and want to bear children for them that we forget the very reason why we get kids in the first place! God's love for us and his precious, precious gifts on earth to us should be praised, not say, "oh, I hope this kid will bring ___ to my life" or any other thought than, "PRAISE GOD! He's given us a child!" Isn't it awesome how when Leah gave birth to Judah and finally praised the LORD for what was given her that the Son of God would come from that baby's line?? I think that's so amazing, and I realized last night too that I get so caught up in trying to conceive again that I've lost sight of what it's all about - we're supposed to do all to the glory of God, and if a child isn't going to help do that right now, then it ain't going to happen! I will still pray that we ARE given this sweet gift from God though, and I hope that if we are given a baby that we can praise Him in doing so.

Father in heaven, if it is your good and gracious will, please give me comfort in knowing that your plan is the best and your timing is perfect, patience to wait for that plan to unfold, and strength to endure whatever lies ahead. Thank you for blessing me with a kind, knowledgeable doctor and especially an understanding, loving and caring husband. I know that in your time we will see what you have in store for us and I pray that you be with us through it all...Amen.

I beat PCOS with lots of hope, faith & some drugs after a miscarriageMama to #littlemissgoo

2 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Amen. Very wise and mature words. God deserves all our praise, love and trust - whether we are poor or rich, whether we conceive or not. The very best to you and may you be blessed with a baby soon <3
Matt 6:21: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

7 years ago

Thank you, Ms. Mozart!

I beat PCOS with lots of hope, faith & some drugs after a miscarriageMama to #littlemissgoo

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo