Community post

Success story

Pregnant on IUI #2 after MC and Infertility with PCOS

Hi ladies,

I'm here to share my success story and will keep it as short as possible. After getting pregnant off the second cycle off the pill (and I've been diagnosed with PCOS since 2008) and having unfruitful cycles with Clomid and Femara/letrozole at my GYN, I moved on to Bloom Reproductive Institute in Scottsdale, AZ. From there we went through some tests and I went on letrozole and Menopur injections to get ovulation going. (I have textbook PCOS and had a really rough time ovulating after my miscarriage and even before going on birth control years ago.)

We did 2 cycles with timed intercourse and the injections and didn't have anything, so we tried an IUI, or the 'salad spinner' as my husband called it. Negative on that one, although I think the timing wasn't quite right on the procedure and my trigger shot. IUI #2 comes around and I still kept that sliver of hope that God would finally give us a natural baby. If it didn't work we'd maybe try one more and then look into adoption, so when I nervously took a pregnancy test the day before my beta at the clinic, I was equally happy and scared that it was POSITIVE! I believe that the progesterone helped my body know that it was pregnant and to keep that little bean warm and snug, and as I type this I have a healthy, beautiful, smiley 7 month old girl, Evangeline Faith. She is worth the wait and the tears and the anxiety and the complications, and I want to tell whoever ends up reading this: DO NOT GIVE UP. The Lord with sustain you and keep you on the path you're meant to go on, and if that means going through infertility while it seems like everyone else just drinks the water, so be it. If you don't have God and the Word to be your helper, please find an outlet to reach out because it's TOO HARD to keep to yourself and your partner. It really is.

If you want to join another community on a super user-friendly app, get Kindara from your app store. I promise you will find women that are going through the same thing, whatever that may be, and you can encourage each other all while staying private. So many of us are now Facebook and Instagram friends now and even plan to meet in person! Keep advocating, keep hope alive, and keep treating the temple that you occupy with love and care!!

user submitted image

I beat PCOS with lots of hope, faith & some drugs after a miscarriageMama to #littlemissgoo

3 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Oh she is so beautiful!! A huge Congratulations to you.

User image

5 years ago

huge congrats! I love the photo

#1 IVF failed, no implantation #2IVF failed, no implantation, #3IVF - a new clinic in Gdansk

5 years ago

Congrats toy you. She is so beautiful. I am 41 no kids and I begin IUI this month. My cycle just started today and I am excited and nervous. I pray it works on my 1st go as my funds are low but I am taking coq10, folic, concertra tea, and working out. I pray I get it on the first go!

User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo