Community post

Journal

ER visit: 6 weeks 5 days (pregnancy mentioned)

View Full Post

I went to the ER this morning because I was having really bad pain on my right side. The pain has been on and off for the past 2 weeks but mostly just dull pain and nothing more. I called the answering service for my new ob's office, and the doctor on call said I should go to the emergency room. I was terrified that it could be an ectopic. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting, but the pain was concerning. Luckily I only had to wait 30 minutes to be seen. The doctor did an abdominal ultrasound, and after some prodding found the yolk sac, fetal pole, and tiny baby with flickering heartbeat--in the uterus! He said the pain is probably round ligament pain. Just waiting now for the results of my urine test to make sure there's no infection. I am so relieved!!! My first prenatal appointment and ultrasound will be on Nov. 22. I will be 8 weeks 1 day, and the ER doctor said that the ob's machine will be a lot better and give a clearer picture than theirs and measure the heartbeat.
An ovarian cyst is still a possibility but not a huge cause for concern.

Just feeling thankful right now. Congrats to the recent bfps and tons of baby dust to the ladies TTC. I will do my next update on CDMP.

11 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 11 of 11 Comments

Thanks!! :)

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo