Community post

Journal

Update: 7 months postpartum and...(pregnancy mentioned)

Hi Ladies! It's been way too long since I've journaled. I didn't even keep a journal with my first pregnancy because it was pretty scary and chaotic (single umbilical artery, growth restriction, preeclampsia and unexpected c-section at 36+2). The full story is in my birth announcement on CMP, but I'm happy to say that our daughter turned 7 months last week. She started off at 3 pounds 14 ounces and is up to 14 pounds. I was a 32-week preemie myself and didn't make it onto the charts until I was 5 years old or something ridiculous. Hannah is on the charts--3rd percentile height, 6th percentile weight, and 65th percentile head!! Lol

Our pediatrician recommended genetic testing and head ultrasound, and everything came back normal. She's just a little girl with a big head and has pretty much defied the logic of every doctor that's made a big deal about her size. We don't know why she was so small--possibly because the umbilical cord was more the size of an electrical cord, the placenta was tiny, and I'm 4'9" tall (though I usually say 4'10").

She was in the hospital for 3 weeks feeding and growing. We knew she would probably come early, so I had 2 rounds of steroid shots to help mature her lungs. There are things I still get a little sad about--that breastfeeding just didn't work. She latched for maybe a minute and fell asleep. In order to come home she had to take all feedings by mouth. Once she started taking full bottles I decided to exclusively pump. Did that for 5 months and realized that I basically wasn't showering or leaving the house, so i switched to formula and it's fine. Hannah is a joy--very energetic and smiley, a little grumpy now that she has 2 teeth, but a sweetheart.

So anyway the other news is that on Dec. 7 at 10 dpo I got a super faint BFP. It was my second PP cycle, and we decided to go from NTNP to trying because I was convinced that my body was screwed up and it would take a long time. But we got a pleasant surprise. A few days later I started spotting--some red--so I called my OB and she got me in for betas. My numbers doubled, my progesterone was a little low, so I went on supplements and 3 weeks later there was no spotting. I saw the gestational sac at 5 weeks and yesterday the baby and heartbeat measuring 8 weeks 4 days, which is one day ahead of when I think I ovulated. I've spent the past month in limbo feeling like I was going to lose the pregnancy at any moment, but focusing on my daughter is what got me through it. She's here and needs me, so I can't obsess over the pregnancy. I'd like to enjoy it one day at a time. The pregnancy with my daughter started off great and ended kind of rough, so maybe this experience will be the opposite. I'm hoping to hold the baby right after delivery. I didn't get to see my daughter until the next day. But she's here and I'm just so thankful every day.

Anyway, I go for my NT screening in 3 weeks so will probably make a new CMP profile and maybe journal over there this time. Will post test pics later but for now I'm wishing all my friends who've been with me since I joined in 2014 all the best with babies, pregnancies, ttc and sending good vibes to all recent BFPs and those who are dealing with loss. I want this bean to stick but I'm trying to stay calm and remember that I'm not in control of what happens.

14 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Comments | Last Page

Wow, congratulations on both babies, your daughter is a real fighter! Hopefully the rest of this pregnancy will be smooth sailing for you :).

6 years ago

Congrats praying for your sticky bean.

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

6 years ago

Thank-you so much, ladies!!

6 years ago • Post starter

Aww..congrats! So happy for you! :)

6 years ago

Thanks, Starmama!! Hope you and your family are doing well ????

Supposed to be a smiley face not question marks lol :)

Congratulations!!! :) <3

6 years ago

Thanks!!! I'll be stalking you <3

Yay! Congratulations. What a happy surprise.

User Image

6 years ago

Thanks, Renae!!! I'm so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy :)

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo