Community post

Journal

Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

At 11am this morning I was at the hospital all dressed in my surgical gown and slippers, about 30 minutes away from my D&E. I requested a last ultrasound so my husband could see the "baby" and just so I could have one last look for peace of mind.

My nurse asked my doctor, who agreed, and I was wheeled away to radiology. The U/S tech did an abdominal ultrasound first and I saw a similar sight to what I saw at my OB last Friday, with the exception of a tiny, brief flicker I almost thought I imagined. I quietly said, "I think I saw something there...". The tech then moved on to the trans-vaginal u/s.

Within minutes she said, "well, there is a heartbeat". I shouted, "THERE IS?!?" and then something along the lines of "Holy shit, holy shit, is this really happening?". She turned the screen to me and there was my little gummy bear, with a HB of 147, looking like a perfectly normal 7w1d old baby.

She saw a strange, baby-sized shape nearby, coming off my uterine wall, that I am fairly sure was what we were looking at during my OB appt Friday. She took a lot of pictures which radiology will analyze.

So there you have it. A kind of miracle has occurred and I am feeling stunned, angry, and giddy all at once. This is unreal. Thank you everyone for your support and kind words during this time. What a rollercoaster. How does this happen in this day and age?!?

~Lib

24 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 24 Comments | Last Page

WOW!!! What an amazing story!!! Wishing you the best with your bean!!

8 years ago

Holy cow!!!!!! Wonderful news!!!

8 years ago

What a story! After all with a happy ending :)

8 years ago

Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I'm so happy to hear that it all worked out and you have a healthy and happy baby in there! I think I would be changing doctors lol. So happy for you!!!

User Image

8 years ago

Omg...that is seriously insane! So glad you asked for another u/s!

8 years ago

That's amazing news just shows you should always trust your intuition xx

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

8 years ago

NO WAY!! WOW!! I'm so happy for you!!

8 years ago

OH. MY. GOD. I am not even sure what I would feel if this happened to me. I was going to comment on your JE on CMP about asking for a confirmation u/s, but I didn't want to add insult to injury in an already difficult time. I am so glad you asked for a confirmation u/s. WOW. Just WOW. I got goosebumps reading this.

<a href=

8 years ago

What a great news :D I am soooo happy that you pushed for another ultrasound :) This happy story just made my day - thank you !

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

OMG, So happy for you. God is still in the miracle making business, He never retired. i want to jump and say Hurray!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo