Community post

Journal

I feel horrible...

Ok, so totally not ttc related. So, Kenny (DS) has been cutting the neighbour's lawn, front and back for a cpl months now. They went "back home" for the summer and he was asked if he would do it and she'd pay him when he got back. No problem, he needs something productive to do during the summer. Ok so he cut the lawn on avg, every 10 days. Sometimes once a week, sometimes once every 2 wks due to the ridiculous amount of rain we had in June. Either way, she was paying him for every two wks...fine, fair enough. So she went to pay him today, after we'd (DS, hubs and myself) already discussed and agreed that $30 was fair, and she sends her son over with $70. We (DS and I) both pretty much said at the same time "woah, thats too much!". So he went over to return some of it and tell her it was too much. Not paying attention, he gave her back $50. She offered a 20 and he said no thank you and left. He gets home and realizes he just made $20 for a summers worth of work. Kenny is a very sensitive kid. If he's upset, he does his best to hold it in, but it always ends in tears. So he goes to the kitchen to empty the dishwasher and I *just* caught sight of the side of his face and it was red. Poor kid was bawling. I feel so horrible for him. He tried to do the right thing and not take advantage of our neighbour. She's from the Middle East and not great with English or what's a good pay for what job, and he just wanted to do the right thing and ended up ripping himself off in the process. I know it's a life lesson and hope he learns from it, but I feel absolutely horrible about it all. I told hubs about it (he's still in Saskatchewan) and he says "u shouldnt've told him to give some back". Yeah, cuz that's how I wanna raise our kid, to take advantage of ppl. That pissed me off, was shocked he said that to me, tbh. We aren't dishonest ppl...geez I couldnt rip someone off if u paid me. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night. It's a flaw I guess. I may be a complete c*nt sometimes, but I wont intentionally take something that isnt mine and I wont teach my kids to do so either. So, here I sit, feeling horrible that he's learning his first real lesson in life, and as much as I wanna give him the rest of the money, I dont want him thinking we're gonna bail him out of everything. I want him to think before he does something that cant be undone. Ugggh! Not that that helps me feel any better. Geezus, seeing him cry broke my fucking heart!! =((

13 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Comments | Last Page

A www...I am so sorry he had to learn this way. The good news is all was done with good intentions and he made a little mistake that didn't seriously hurt anyone; he just lost some money. Way worse if by some mistake or oversight someone gets truly hurt. Your suggestion to return some money was proper and right. You are a good parent :)

8 years ago

Oh no! Poor Kenny! I would have done/said/felt the exact same as you. I think you can still reward him for a good deed and a kind heart by doing something else for him while also showing him how proud you are of the nice, young man that he is.
Just another reason I want you to have triplets :-D

User Image

8 years ago

I was so proud and sad at the same time. Hopefully this doesn't deter him from doing the right thing next time. I don't think it will tho, he's like me, one heck of a conscience!

Triplets, lmao! I don't think I could carry that many...I'd rip open and there would be innards all over the floor. That would suck ass so bad!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Awww I feel like I wanna cry reading your story. I feel so bad because losing money for a kid is devestating, but I agree that you're doing the right thing. Maybe instead of giving him the money, tell him how proud of him you are and take him for a special treat or do something he loves to do. Great job mom, teaching him this (hard on you) lesson. :)

User Image

8 years ago

Ah poor Kenny. You were right by having him go and return the money, I would have given him the money to make up the difference, that's just me I'm a sucker. You are a great mom!!

8 years ago

So the last time you stopped charting for a day or two, you came back and said you had gotten a BFP. Do you have something cookin? Lol

User Image

8 years ago

Bahahah I wish...lotsa snowy tests so far. I think I have a while to go yet. Its all good, I led the horse to water...fucker just doesn't wanna drink!

8 years ago • Post starter

LMAO! Tell me about it. My girls are shy but after 16 cycles of prudes, I wish one of my eggies would let him get it in. Lol. Good luck. Stalking.

User Image

8 years ago

Oh, that stinks! I love that you wanted him to learn a lesson, but I would probably have given him the money anyway. I hate to see my kids cry!

8 years ago

Aww that's a tough lesson, his heart and yours were in the right place. I don't have kids yet but can imagine that seeing them upset is absolutely awful. KMFX for you :-)

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo