Community post

Journal

The visitors...ha, sounds like a horror movie!

So, to sum it up in one word...UGH! Holy fucking questions. The doctor asks less questions! In less than 5 mins, she asked if Braelyn is on solids yet, what she eats, how much, what's her favourite, if she gives me a hard time to eat, does she still take formula, she's very big...is she healthy (I wanted to smack her for even asking that....THAT pissed me off!), does she roll yet, what does she do on the floor, is that a highchair, why is she sitting in the highchair watching a movie, what time does she wake up, what time does she go to bed, is she sleeping through the night, were u walking the floors when she was teething, did she cry a lot? I'm sure I'm forgetting 5 or 6 questions...but yeah, they all came out one after the other...and what pisses me off, is its the same shit every visit. She knows the answer and I almost feel like she asks hoping to catch me/us in some sort of lie. She's never happy that we have an easy baby, it feels like she wishes we were exhausted and suffering, becuz she did. U know, I get asked every visit if Braelyn sleeps through the night...every...fucking...visit. Braelyn started sleeping through the night at 6 days old...she is now 6.5 months...thats a lot of time to not grasp the concept that she sleeps through the fucking night. Its just little annoying shit, I yawn and its shit like, "oh ur tired, up all night with the baby?" NO, I'm tired becuz I dont go to sleep at 8 when Braelyn does. Shit like that makes it seem like she doesnt believe me. And asking hubs the same shit in a different room or on the phone just pisses me off more. It made me laugh when she let us know that she told us Braelyn was teething...lol, Braelyn got her first tooth at 5.5 months...MIL told us she was teething before Braelyn was 8wks old...shit if u wanna play it that way, then yeah, I guess u were right...fucking psychic (its like the women that say they know they're pregnant, every cycle...keep saying it, ur eventually gonna be right lol!!)! Other than the questions, no fingers went in Braelyn's mouth...she didn't even attempt to pick her up. She did stand in front of her a few times saying, "give us a kiss", Braelyn leaned to the right to see her movie and ignored her...no one gets between her and Madagascar 3...great movie, btw!! Look up a clip called "afro circus", u'll be singing it alllll day!

I have a coffee date with my gf today, haven't seen her in months, I'm so excited! She's gonna swallow her fear and come to my house! She's petrified of dogs, well, large dogs, she owns 3 little foo-foo dogs. So she's gonna come over and meet Cora-brat...Cora's great, it's just her size that seems scary, she's actually a sweetheart! Omg, small funny...Cora stayed 10' away from MIL at all times. Every time MIL went outside for a smoke or up to use the washroom then came back in the livingroom, Cora's fur went straight up. A big long strip from neck to tail, standing straight up. She HATES that woman...possibly more than I do. MIL is the ONLY person Cora acts like this with...everyone else gets drooled or laid on. It's fucking funny!

That's my update...sorry so bitter, the woman brings out a whole other side of me!

Watching for BFP entries...let's go ladies, chop chop!! ;D

Good luck!! =))

28 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 28 Comments | Last Page

HAHA I've been looking for this update. It does seem like she asks the same questions all the time. I remember you mentioning a few of these in previous post/comment. I'm glad no nasty fingers ended up in sweet pea's mouth. The comment about Braelyn's size is ridiculous! She's perfect :) I hope I'm just as lucky with a munchkin that sleeps through the night! Hopefully y'all won't have to see her again anytime soon.
Big dogs intimidate me too but more so because they are almost as big as me and I can't avoid the dander at that point! lol
Glad y'all made it through the visit alive. Hugs!

9 years ago

Hubs blames it on her being "old", but that "old" woman can recount many other conversations with us and others, both short and long term. She's just being sneaky!
I've been very fortunate with both kiddos, they both slept through the night from young ages, Kenny was 2wks when he started...they get the "sleepy gene" from hubs, that man can out-sleep a bear lol!

9 years ago • Post starter

OMG. This cracks me up and I can relate. I love my mom, but she is 78, and sometimes says the most awful things. Evie has always scored in the 50% percentile. Mom, from day one, tells me she's "chubby", has a "fat little face", and "does she really need to be eating that?" My mom has always been onto everyone about their weight, even those of us who are very average/healthy. Apparently babies are no different.

She also keeps telling me to ask the doctor for Ritalin or something because Evie is "hyper". Um, Evie is 2. So yes, she is really active. No, I'm not drugging a perfectly healthy child.

I could go on and on, but as much as I love my mom, I'm so relieved we live several states away.

9 years ago

Wow what a nightmare. Try to hold yourself back from smacking her. :) Thoughts are with you hun!

9 years ago

Ugh...I totally feel for you. My MIL lives only a few miles away and drives me insane some days. She's retired and I told my hubby that she needs to get a hobby because she drives me crazy with all of her questions etc. lol! My SIL is now preggo so she's been focused on that THANK GOD! Hang in there! :)

9 years ago

Omg, overthinker, ur mom would think Braelyn's a Goodyear blimp if she thinks an average size baby is chubby. Lol! Unless the baby/child is severly overweight (like the 4y/o that weighed 98lbs) then people really shouldn't say anything...it hurts too many feelings and we have doctors to tell us when things aren't healthy. I wont feed her less so MIL can buy a 6m outfit for a 6m child, and I would never consider ritalin for a "hyper" child. They're kids, they're happy and excited...people always want the easy way out!
Thanks, Randall...I wont smack her, I wanted to tho....sooooo bad!!
Star; I wish u all the best with ur MIL. It is such a negative weight on a marriage when they act this way. I feel bad for hubs, no one ever wants to hear bad things about their mom. Hopefully the new grandchild will take a lot of focus off of u...til u get preg again. Canada's nice...nothing says distance like a border! ;D

You are a FANTASTIC person to follow, lol. I know this isn't what I should be taking away from your post but....what kind of dog do you have? Just curious because dogs are the freaking best. We have a black lab mix and she is are baby for now. Sorry about the MIL. Mine likes to voice her opinions as well so I can't imagine what happens when you throw a baby in the mix. Hope the visit is short!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

9 years ago

Lol! Thanks, Mal! =))
I'm a huge dog person, Idk if I could ever not own one. Cora is an English Mastiff. Not sure if u remember my old avatar pic, thats her. My previous dogs have all been Rotties. We're actually puppy shopping this Spring (easier to housebreak a puppy when there isnt a blizzard outside lol!), probably another Rott. I wish I could breed dogs but I dont have enough trust in humans to not use the puppies as bait dogs or turn them into vicious weapons...and hubs doesnt want me to keep 'em all, sooo I dont breed. =(

Lmao!!! I get REALLLY irritated with the 50 questions too lol. And I love my mother in law to pieces, but her, and my mom, and basically everyone we know, asks the same damn questions every time we see them. Like, holy hell, I will keep you updated when something happens haha!

9 years ago

Wow. I have had to nip a couple things in the bud by saying what scientific studies have said on all of that. And jealous on the sleeping through the night so early. Took LO til after the 10/11 month teething fit and I'll bop the next person to tell me it's my fault for not sleep training.

Glad Braelyn didn't have to bite her. Sorry Cora didn't either ;) I like big dogs too, but have a mediumish lab mix that we rescued.

User Image

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo