Community post

Journal

8 DPO: Happy, Hopeful Holidays!

Hi ladies! Finally some news. I saw my OBGYN last Friday and went back for more bloodwork Monday. As I suspected, the HCG tests indicated that I was no longer pregnant, but I mainly wanted to just tell her about all the crazy spotting I had last cycle from roughly 6-18 dpo, my history of positive HPT's that never seem to get darker, and the crazy bleeding after BD with DH (and the black clots that followed the next evening :(

My Dr. said that b/c I've had multiple chemicals and weird spotting in my LP that low progesterone could be the cause. I get those results on Friday and just hope that whatever the cause of my repeated disappointments, there is something medically that will help us get our sticky little bean finally.

Anyway, this entire time I was using opks and looking at my notes on the spotting (how heavy, etc. on which days), and came up with my "If I'm not pregnant" chart. Got my new CB smileys and thermometer in the mail right before O--just in time (flashing smiley that afternoon, solid smiley the next morning). BD timing was great, and so far so good in the 2ww. I have been extremely tired these past few days, but I've had no spotting at all! Temp dip at 7dpo.....we'll see. This time last month I'd been spotting for almost 3 days. Hoping for super light IB and some dark lines over the next week!

I've been sad leading up to Christmas, thinking "what if" a lot. My Dr. said that as soon as I get my next positive HPT--no matter what DPO and even if the line is really light--I need to go in ASAP for HCG and progesterone checks. What if I had gotten tests done at 11 DPO, right after the BFP and hadn't waited? Is there something that could have been done if my levels were low? UGH. But at least now I know the questions to ask, and I definitely won't wait so long to schedule an appointment.

Anyway, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for your support and friendship here. It doesn't go unappreciated, at least where I'm concerned :-) Baby dust!

7 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Comments

Merry Christmas hun, I hope you can relax and have a good one xxx

9 years ago

The worst thing u can do is think about the "what if's"...it really does a number or ur head and ur mood. None of this is ur fault, u didnt know what u know now. Enjoy ur Christmas and try ur best to leave those "what if's", behind u!
Best of luck with this cycle!
Merry Christmas!! =))

9 years ago

Merry Christmas sweetheart! Try not to dwell on the "what if's" and focus on what's next, you've got some answers and now you have a plan! May the new year bring you an extra sticky bean xx

9 years ago

Merry Xmas :). Look to the future. This will be your year :D

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Thanks for your encouragement, friends. Felt like I was in a rut last week but, I'm starting to be excited about 2015. This time next year, we could be holding our new babies or growing noticeable bumps hehe :-) I hope you all had wonderful Christmases. Mine was filled with good food and was relatively peaceful (meaning Mommie Dearest didn't say anything too invasive or downright cruel concerning my relationship with DH and whether or not I plan to stay in grad schooll). Anyway, lots of baby dust all around!! I will be stalking...lol

9 years ago • Post starter

Sorry you had to go through such a rough time during this festive time and at least now you have a the answers and are better prepared....gl hun.

9 years ago

Thanks :) yes, I feel good moving forward and am hoping for the best

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo