Community post

Journal

I feel a bitchy rant comin' on...

Punch me in the fucking throat!! Uggggh, the inlaws are coming over. Its a beautiful sunny day and as soon as hubs told me, its like a fucking hurricane blew in.
I do not like or get along with these ppl. My MIL likes to challenge my authority over MY children. Of course I always win, they are MY kids...but it always causes a fight between the hubs and I. I hate all the repeat questions. Seriously, if u ask my husband something, dont turn around and ask me the same fucking thing. Pet peeve number one!! Pet peeve number two...dont fucking invite urself over to my house...I hate that! Idc if u come from England and its normal there...its not normal here, its rude!! Pet peeve number three, dont maul my kids after u have a cigarette...my kids dont smoke, and myself and hubs quit long ago, therefore my kids should not reek of cigs. Dont give the "Im quitting" speech...u've been "quitting" since I started dating hubs in '98! U are not quitting, ur failing...horribly!! Geez, they built Rome faster!! Pet peeve number four...four? Yup, four...I WILL NOT put my dog outside or in another room...not gonna fucking happen. SHE lives here, not u! I'd be more than happy to lock u outside or in another room tho...yeah, didnt think so!!

I could go on for hours...I have 16.5yrs of pent-up hatred for this woman. The FIL isnt too bad, he knows his place, but MIL, after many headbutting sessions with me, still doesnt get it. Oh and to make things even better, theyre moving to the next town over, in 2 yrs. We moved 3hrs away so we could have our own life and theyve decided to follow in 2yrs when FIL retires. All becuz we mentioned selling our house and moving to the next town over...thats where theyre looking now. I can barely tolerate the visits now...having more of them will kill me...and put one hell of a strain on our marriage. We rarely fight, we've been together long enough to know and respect eachothers boundaries...but their visit always causes a fight of some sort. Luckily its not my fertile week...

Ugggh! Wish me luck!! Cora hates her as much as I do...true story, she growls and fur goes up every time MIL is near her...she's the only human alive that my dog acts like this with...coincidence? I think not!!

20 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 20 Comments | Last Page

LOL!! I love your JE. I swear I have to save this one, just to give me a good laugh everyonce and awhile. I am sorry I know I am laughing at your expense, but do you know how often I feel the same way. Go mama bear!! Hope they don't stay too long.

9 years ago

Ya know, they say animals are the best judges of character...haha. Although we don't have children, we go through similar things with my in laws, particularly my MIL and her family. They are retched people! Good luck lady! I'm sure we could all pitch in for bail money if necessary ;)

9 years ago

Your comments are too funny!!! I know it's truly hard/sad, but my mother, whom I love dearly, has similar "boundary issues". Good thing she doesn't live close =). My dad is a lot better. Dh gets caught in the middle =(. They also ask us, separately, the same questions, too! The only way for mom to not get in between my dh & I is for ME to stick up for him/us & create boundaries. I think in these situations it is the child of the parent with issues who has to stand up for their home life/spouse.

To sum up: be polite, yet firm if something is a big deal to you. Pick your battles, then straighten out one at a time/visit. You & dh choose ahead of time to set certain boundaries ie pick a day/time in advance. CHOOSE not to fight with dh about it-you have to discuss things before hand w/dh. Sometimes some people subconsciously enjoy creating drama b/c it gives them the control. Decide to accept (ie tolerate, lol!) her despite her flaws, after all, they are your famil

9 years ago

Woohoo for bail money...ur making it all wayyy too tempting!! ;)

As for boundaries, o-m-f-g, Ive been trying for years. I still cant get her to take her shoes off. And hubs has to be pushed to his limits before he'll say anything. The last time he blew up was in 2003 when she called him at work to tell him he needed to "divorce that bitch"...yup, I would be "that bitch". He knows I have a yap on me and wont tolerate much crap, so I guess he kinda slacks off becuz Im that way...Idk.
Im so bored...they never have anything to talk about. She always asks the same questions. It drives me IN-SANE!!

9 years ago • Post starter

I logged back in now, just to see what you wrote. I laugh every time I read your post, even the headline, lol. I'm sorry...I'm in the boring tww, what can I say? Just try and hold the peace & hopefully she'll be gone before you know it. Good thing she doesn't live with you, lol!! I think I would pitch in for bail money for you then. Hang in there. Stress is not good for us tying to conceivers. xx

9 years ago

Wow your MIL sounds absolutely charming lol "divorce that bitch"--seriously who says that to their son about the woman he loves?! GL I would suggest sneaking in a glass of wine, or something stronger, but that's not very sound TTC advice. GL

9 years ago

"Hopefully she'll be gone before u know it"...lol dont tease me!! Oh u meant gone hoooome lmao, yeah theyre gone! Hubs offered me some retail therapy if I kept my trap shut. It was shut...no one said anything about glares tho. Hubs said something about them doing the long drive (it takes them 5hrs...I do it in 2.5 w/ 2 pee stops) and staying for 2hrs...she pipes up to say she wanted to see Braelyn so bad so she doesnt mind the drive...lovely thing to say when ur grandson is in the room as well. They fuss over the baby so much that they dont see how much it hurts our son. The last thing I want is for him to feel like she's held at a higher level than him. I do my best to make sure he knows he's loved, but shit like that...Idk, they just dont think before they speak and it pisses me off.
Lol Sonata! Shes a real piece of...work! The whole family's fucked up. Hubs even said if they didnt invite themselves they'd never end up coming cuz we dont invite 'em! He has a point lol!!

Shit, I wish my hubby offered retail therapy! My hubby's moms side has tried a million times to run me off but he's smart enough to know that their main concern is control. With me in the picture, they can't run his life and it drives them batty. I saw it from the beginning. They once tried to feed him anti depressants because "he was always so angry" but lied and said they were vitamins. When I told him what it was he flipped. I butted in (of course ;)) and said "he's not angry, you just piss him the fuck off!" Good luck with future visits!! I'm always good for bail money!

9 years ago

Omg, thats horrible! Id be scared to have my kids around ppl like that, u cant just drug ppl into being what u want lol...wow! When I started dating my husband, his mom used to get his bank balances from the teller and question where his money went, how much he made etc. It was a small town so the bank wasnt too concerned with privacy if u were the mom. 7 months later we made it a joint account and I made it very clear the bank was to give no info to anyone...that didnt sit well with her. Then we moved in together a cpl months later and she wasnt given a key...that didnt fly well either. She hated me for taking her son from her, but I didnt take him, he was already on the way out. She drove him away and I was the scapegoat...it just got worse from there. Theres a lot of history between us and unfortunately none of it is good. I should write a j/e about last Christmas lol!
Im good for bail too...hell, we'll share a cell hahahah! =))

Damn!!!! She sounds horrible!! Hopefully it'll be over soon and you won't have to see her again for a long time!!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo