Community post

Journal

*Sigh*

This is definitely a TMI journal...k, so, I wake up this morning to take my temp, put the thermometer in my mouth and realize my period was A LOT heavier than expected. Do I get up and run like a mofo or do I wait the 20+ more secs it'll take for this damn temp. I can hear the clock ticking in my head and I'm trying so hard to hold everything in cuz I had no clue just how bad it really was already. Thermometer beeps, I drop it jump up and run...get to the bathroom (right bedside my bedroom, short run) and the entire back, front and leg part of my pj's is covered. Seriously, its like a fucking hemorrhage. I was wearing an overnight pad, those things are huuuuuuge, and I filled it! Ffs, my postpartum bleed wasnt this heavy. So I throw on my robe and check on the baby, unconscious, time to jump in the shower and get washed up. 5 mins later (ok, maybe 20-30 hehe) hubs is still sleeping beside the mini murder scene I've created, and Braelyn's out cold in her crib, so I go look at my side of the bed....sheets are destroyed! Omg, do I feel like a shit bag! I've never ruined bedsheets before...undies and pj's, yes, but not bedsheets!!

Once hubs got up, I pulled the sheets off to try and scrub and salvage them...fuck me, it went through the sheets too. Omg really? I sleep that soundly that I dont even notice myself ruining our bed... *sigh*. The only good part about my blood flood, is that we have a mattress protector on the mattress...I didnt think we'd ever need it tho. Well I guess I have my answer as to why I spotted and didnt get pregnant this cycle...wayyy too much lining!!

Ah well, let the blood flood commence!

Glad to see a tonne of BFP's this month...it was like this last November too. I got mine on the 8th and like 20 ppl followed every day after. Hopefully it happens again for u ladies!! =))

10 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Comments

This actually has happened to me a few times too. Not fun at all, but sounds like you handled it will hun. :) Sorry I hope that she leaves just as quickly as she came.

9 years ago

This happened to me a few months ago--during bd!! Sheets ruined. AF has the best timing lol GL this cycle :)

9 years ago

Lol! I should buy some maternity boyshorts undies and stick pads all up the front, back and legs. Ugh it reminded me of a baby, when they shoot their shit up their back from sitting the wrong way lol. Im staying home today...and wearing black!! ;))

9 years ago • Post starter

Flooded through a super large tampon AND a night time pad within 20mins...I'll be trying those adult nappies next, hate those freaky floods.

Even though it sounds horrible and you ruined your sheets you did make me laugh, thank you! :-)

9 years ago

I hear ya on the PP bleeding mine was horrendous for about three weeks after ... my cycle has finally smartened up abit and not as heavy now thank goodness! ...

9 years ago

=( what an awful way to start the day! I used to have bleeds like that when I was younger

9 years ago

That's a crazy amount of bleeding! Happened to me once, too. Even with dh going with me to all these fertility appts I was still so embarrassed! Gotta love those mattress covers. I hope this next cycle brings all of us lots of November luck! Oh yeah, for the sheets, spray a lot with some sort of Spray N Wash & machine wash on the 20 min long soak cycle. Should come right out.

9 years ago

It was definitely an awful way to start the day, itsbeans...I mean, who likes doing laundry?!! ;D

eat2nourish; It was heavy for my first PP cycle but nothing like this, I was able to control that cycle, this is just annoying! I must've created the mess not long before waking up, I soaked the sheets in Oxyclean and it came out...I havent dried 'em yet so Idk if its fully out or if there's a slight orangey hue (they're ivory, of all colours lol!). I should get a crap set for this very reason, but thats like one big "Mom's on the rag" announcement for the fam lol!

Renc, I hope ur back on the ttc wagon!! ;D

dakota, you crack me up! Since you had to mention the "mom's on the rag sheets" you may as well go ahead and do as I do, wear some undies that stand for the same =).

9 years ago

Lol, I have some of those...the underwear of periods past. Theyre so comfy too! I wish I could just throw in a softcup and avoid pads/liners and ugly undies altogether....buuuuut that was an epic fail lastyear so I wont be tryin' that again lol...those are now sperm-only cups!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo