Community post

Journal

results

My blood test this morning came back negative. I'm kind of surprised. No signs of AF, cervix soft and closed, though sure enough my temp dove down this morning. I showed my dr my test from yesterday and some from last week, and she definitely thought they were faint positives. I tried a couple more tests this afternoon before I got the blood results and still see faint lines. It's probably best if I accept the blood results and move on, but I can't help but wonder if in a few days the results could be different. I've heard of this happening, but really what are the odds. For peace of mind I may test on Saturday, but that is very wishful thinking. The spotting stopped but not soon enough I guess. The dr said for me to consider that as AF for now, so it seems it's time to backtrack and figure out where I am in this new cycle. My opks have been almost positive this entire 2 weeks, so not sure how much those will help, though I always get 1 day where the test line is much darker than the control (usually the day before O).

Two chemicals in a row is a lot to take in. While it's neither of our faults this has happened, DH and I are both pretty bad about blaming ourselves. I just love him so much and picture him as a dad and want so badly to be able to give him that beautiful chance. I'm hoping that baby aspirin may help in the future. The good news is that my cycles are becoming more predictable, and my charts are looking nice. A few months ago I wasn't always getting a coverline, and CTP sometimes couldn't detect a possible O date.

More good news is that it's only 5 more days until DH and I have our little romantic vacation! Hard to be excited at the moment, but I think some wine and a Victoria's Secret excursion this weekend with the girls may help.

Good luck ladies and prayers for those who are dealing with a loss. Hoping for rainbows

10 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Comments

Don't give up just yet. Wait and test Saturday and make a game plan depending on the result. If it's still positive, maybe make another dr appointment or talk to them about it. If not, there's always next month. Fingers crossed for you! I've been trying on and off for almost a year, so I know your pain. Good luck, miss.

9 years ago

Thanks, hun. Good luck to you too :-)

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for the encouraging words and baby dust :-)

Ok, just got faint second lines on 2 FRERs. Never gotten pink FRER lines before. Maybe there is still a small chance. Someone hide my tests until Saturday please lol

Oh hun I'm shocked too. I thought for sure it would be. I agree, don't lose all hope yet. Just enjoy some time with your girls. *hugs* thinking of you. Don't beat yourselves up - it's not your faults if it was a chemical. You can get pregnant when your body is ready. It might not have been enough time yet.

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Thanks and hugs to you too :-)

Oh sweetie, don't give up hope. The blood test result is a real surprise considering you're still getting the faint lines. Can you give your tests to a friend to look after until Saturday? Whatever happens you are going to have a wonderful vacation with your husband and there will be a positive blood test soon enough xxx

9 years ago

Thanks, ladies :-) yes HecRed I have a friend who can take them, looks like they'll be taking a little vacation themselves lol usually at this point I would say yes I'm out, but then all of a sudden my bbs start hurtling and it's like wth?

Hey, I'm sorry that you are struggling. TTC can be a bitch.
Can I ask, why would you say you just had a chemical if the blood tests (which are infinitely more reliable that POAS tests) came back negative? Just curious.

9 years ago

Thanks. My doctor said she thought I had experienced a chemical. I had been seeing faint positives on 4 brands of tests for over a week prior to the blood test and my temps didn't drop like usual, but during that time I experienced some spotting, and the lines never got much darker. By the morning of the bloodtest at 20 dpo my HCG level was less than 5, so no longer pregnant.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo