Community post

Question

Has Soy Isoflavones messed up someone else´s cycle than mine?

From all the success stories I have read from women about soy isoflavones I couldnt resist but to try it this cycle... Only to figure out it wasnt for me.. I believe since AF is not here yet when it was supposed to 3 days ago.
So. has it happened to anyone else than me that soy iso didnt really work for your body? how did it affect your cycle? I am really interested to hear if I am alone in this and if not what effect did it have on you?

just to describe my soy cycle.
I took soy from day 4-9 and think I calculated I took around 100mg more or less for those days. (my body normally is sensitive and I did not want to take to much either in order to avoid messing up everything.. irony no?)
expecting ovulation 31-1aug. little symptoms but some ewcm,
more cramps and ewcm 3rd aug left me confused.
Constant crazy and tons of EWCM for 2 more weeks!!? (TMI) could stretch it through a room if wanted, Cramps and pains.
I believe I ovulated 3 days ago? on a tww again?

4 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

What do u mean u think u calculated that u took 100mg? What brand and how many pills did u take? Besides going by cramps and ewcm, did u use opks or temp at all? If ur gonna supplement a cycle, esp for the first time, u def wanna be tracking everything, not guessing...as ur now discovering.
Iso's work more than not, so it is very unfortunate if they didn't work for u. At this point tho, with u not knowing much about the cycle as far as when or even if u O'd, I wouldn't cut ties with soy in the future, just track everything. Take this as a learning cycle, make a note of all the symptoms etc and use it to ur advantage next time. U may not have any idea when u O'd yet, but if af shows up, u can do a count back to an estimated day and read through the signs and symptoms u had surrounding that time frame.
Lemme know if u have any questions, I've done over 18 cycles with that stuff and conceived twice with it. Good luck! =))

7 years ago

Thanks for your answer Dakotagurrl.
I know soy isoflavones has much more success rate then not and therefor it would help me to speak with people that might have had a similar experience as me... Where it seems to have disturbed the hormones more than helping.. I am curious to see if that happens as well to some.

Regarding me "thinking I calculated 100mg" is because I bought a brand where I had to calculate it... Holland & Barrett has tablets that say: Näringsinformation: Koncentrat ac isoflavoner från sojagroddar: 750mg (standardiserad för att innehålla 3% isoflavoner, 23mg och 3% saponiner, 23mg.)
I took 4 tablets since If I am correct I should be calculating from those 23mg.

I have been trying now for quite a couple of months coming off the pill in january, with a chemical pregnancy in april only regaining my periods after that in june. That left me one cycle that was liike a clockwork of 31 days and after that I decided to try

7 years ago • Post starter

I do know my body quite well and so far I have always been able to tell when I ovulate according to my symptoms.. I normally get very obvious ovulating symptoms and I have proved me correct a couple of times using opk´s.
Beside that I deal with some anxious problems that are not of a lot of help in conceiving and the reason for not going into the charting & opk´s is that it doubles my anxiety. so that is not good either and I prefer to skip it for now.

Now this cycle has not been normal at all for me and I know my cycle well enough to be able to tell that soy is messing with me. I am over my ovulating symptoms by now and my "wild guess" is that It delayed ovulation and I ovulated maybe 4 days ago since I feel like i´m in a luteal phase now.

Happy you managed to conceive on soy though as so many others :) Congratulations. Maybe I get lucky as well, cant tell yet though AF is 3 days late. I expect my AF in 10 days according to my body symptoms

7 years ago • Post starter

Super old post, just wanted to update that I did get pregnant that cycle of soy. It did also delay my ovulation 2 weeks as I described so my instinct was right and I ovulated exactly when I thought I did (2 weeks later than in a normal cycle). I got my first faint positive at 11dpo while i had a negative test on 10 dpo.
We have a healthy and happy 8month old girl today and planning a 3rd (and last) one.

Wanted to give an update since it's so common while I search for things I only find questions but no stories how things turned out in the end.

When we got pregnant we had been trying for 8 months with one CP, this was the first cycle on soy isoflavones and it worked although it also threw off my cycle quite a bit.

In case someone is looking for answers on this topic.

Note: I also heard soy can sometimes do more harm then good If you are dealing with Pcos for example so I recommend everyone to do their own thorough research first and make an educated decision on it.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo