Community post

Question

Positive AND Negative? Am I Pregnant or not???

Okay so here goes: I had my last "normal" period on Sept. 27th and started feeling symptoms and etc, 3 days before period I got a negative, then my period was a day late on October 23rd and I had a strange period that was heavy at some points and then completely gone (there were a few clots I think). I dismissed this as me not being pregnant. A week after I decided to do a First Response 6 days sooner test and I got a very faint line (confirmed on this site)! I was super excited but confused. Took a dollar store test and got super super faint positive (may not have even been there). Then this week (week after positive) I took the other FR and got another light positive, not darker at all really. Took a digi 2 days later and got NP. I am so confused and sad because I want to be pregnant but all these different results are throwing me every direction. Sorry if I confuse you too with this long description! Help? Am I pregnant? (Testing again this weekend.)

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I would visit your gp and get a blood test done at least your know one way or the other .. Baby dust to you x

8 years ago

I would visit your gp and get a blood test done at least your know one way or the other .. Baby dust to you x

8 years ago

That is confusing! You may have had a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage), you may be pregnant currently but not making enough HCG to get a positive on the digital test. I'd make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test ASAP.

8 years ago

I have also read some women get false positives around ovulation day.... I don't know how true it is but I had a positive around ovulation and negative at missed period with same brand of test (so same sensitivity). I asked a friend who said she went through the same, it's possible..

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo