Community post

Question

Allergy Meds while TTC - What's safe and what's not.

I have HORRIBLE spring time allergies. I can deal with sneezing and a runny nose okay, but I CANNOT deal with one or both of my eyes swelling up, burning, itching, and being all around painful. This is normal for me this time of year and I'm currently miserable. I know that taking antihistamines while TTC is essentially sabotaging your efforts but I need something to make these allergies bearable. I broke down and took 1 pill this morning because there was no way I could drive to work otherwise but I'm hesitant to take any more now that I am 5dpo. Does anyone have any information regarding allergy meds that are safe to take while TTC or know of any kind of eye drops that will help with eye allergies (Visine Red Eye drops don't work, I've tried). I really appreciate any information or suggestions. Thanks!

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

My OB told me I could take claritin or allegra (or benadryl) while pregnant, but not zyrtec. While TTC, you definitely want to stay away from anything that dries up mucus - so nothing with a decongestant.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thank you essemkay! I appreciate it!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo