Community post

Question

Faint line that develops?

So I've done two crystal clear tests and a very faint line started to come up within the time frame stated on the instructions. It did get darker but over an hour or so. So my question is, do I take it as a positive since I did see it starting to come up within the time specified?

Poll:
positive (2 votes)
negative (0 votes)
false positive (0 votes)
evap (0 votes)

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

If Crystal Clear is the brand, I'm unfamiliar with it. However, I just want to say that every pregnancy test will show 2 lines for a brief time. The test line does show up faintly as the dye runs across it but the dye will not stick to the strip if you aren't pregnant. It does, however, stick to the control line whether or not you're pregnant. Also, most tests will eventually develop an evap line or you'll be able to see the indent of the test line. Dip strip tests that are exposed to air tend to develop very bad evaps that sometimes, unfortunately, look like a positive result. You say that your line appeared in the timeframe then got darker so it could be a very early positive result. I suggest testing with a different brand and see what result you get from that.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo