Community post

Question

Change in luteal phase?

I've been ttc for almost a year and every month I have been 10 day or 9 day luteal phase. Not sure which.... my AF shows up on 10dpo every time.. sometimes I spot several days before. This month today is 10 dpo and still no AF. Having major cramps. I took a test and got a bfn. What the neck? Anyone have a change in luteal phase? Or test bfn on day 10 but still be pregnant?

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hi there. If AF comes at 10dpo then that becomes cycle day 1, therefore your luteal phase is only 9 days. Have you told a doctor about it as that is a bit short for implantation.

My luteal phase can be either 14, 15 or 16 dpo so it can definitely be different each cycle. Usually 15dpo, so give or take a day is fine I think.

Hopefully you are actually pregnant and it is too early to test positive :)

10 years ago

Your luteal phase can change by about 2 days but that is about it. If you aren't pregnant this cycle, you prob should talk to your dr about the length of your luteal phase. 9 or 10 days is very short & could be an issue.

10 years ago

thanks I did talk to my dr. she wants me to wait a full year and then she will put me on clomid. She said it wasn't a terrible short phase. I have a couple more cycles to go for her year of trying, as far as what I had documented. so we shall see. thank you for replying

10 years ago • Post starter

My lp was 9-11 days. I got a Bfn on 10 dpo and a bfp on 11 dpo. Good luck to you!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo