Community post

Question

Using OPK'S, having intercourse at the right time, but still getting a BFN at 13 DPO....

Hallo ladies, I need advice on wether am using the OPK'S the wrong way or timing intercourse wrong. I have tried to time sex, way before ovulation, when I ovulate, before and after ovulation, for the last few months. However I am still getting a BFN?? Any advice on how I could improve my timing. I am always sure when I ovulate because I always get the lower abdomen pains. Feeling nauseas today with mild cramps at 13 DPO, but still a getting a BFN.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Keep in mind that it can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple to fall pregnant.. For example.. I had 14 eggs collected with my ivf (only having ivf cause were using donor sperm) of those 14 only 8 fertilised and made it to 5 day embryos.. So in other words I could try for 14 months.. I only stand a chance 6 times out of 14 cycles even if I timed t all perfectly... And that's to fertilise not even to implant.. Which adds a whole other level to it... Unfortunately patience is the key. good luck x

User Image

11 years ago

I agree with Georgie....it can take 6-12 months for a couple to conceive. If you near 12 months with no luck...make an appt. with your GYN and let him/her know. They can do some testing to see what the problem might be...and it could be something easily fixable. For now, just keep BDing before ovulation (up to 4 days before and every day before as well as on the day of ovulation) and if you are not, start charting your BBT. This will give you an accurate picture of your entire cycle and can confirm ovulation. Just using OPKs might not be enough.

I also use a natural herb called Maca Root....enhances fertility naturally and safely. Check it out and see if it would be something you would add to your daily routine.

Good luck!

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

The biggest mistake I made was bd every other till ovulation,then on day of ov then thinking I'm done
You need to bd every other till ovulation, then on ovulation day and day one two n three after,mixing morning n eve if u can, then miss a day then bd again... I got my bfp last cycle having done all that.
Also stressing wont help say to yourself
This is the last month I'm trying and the stress will leave you and could help you fall xx

11 years ago

Ok great thanx ladies,I guess it does take time, this sounds like a new lead though. Ofcourse stress doesnt help either. It has only been about 4 months, so I really should stop being paranoid :-)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo