Community post

Question

Does anyone try IUI and succeed the first time? Please post any notes if you have the experience.

My DH and I tried the IUI first time last week. Now it should be 10 dpIUI. But so far no symptoms at all, not even PM symptoms. Ok, maybe just a slight left ovary pain and a bit pressure there. This made me feel strange. Does anyone have any experience that can be shared:) anything would help! Thanks and baby dust to all:)

12 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Answers | Last Page

From what I've read, few women get BFPs from their first IUI. The success rates of IUI are pretty dismal. Just slightly over natural conception. Be prepared for it to take 3-6 rounds before success. I did IUI last month (back to back, so one Thurs. and one Sat.) with 3 eggs and a BFN. I skipped it this month. It was too stressful. Have you tested yet?

11 years ago

No, will test this Monday. I don't have high hope this time. But at least I should feel the PMS symptoms by this time, which I normally get. Sigh. U r right, it is stressful!

11 years ago • Post starter

Well, the lack of PMS symptoms could be a symptom. :) You never know, you might be in that small % that get it to work the first time. Do you know how many mature follicles you had on trigger?

11 years ago

I did a natural cycle for my first time. So only one. My doctor said mainly it's my DH's sperm motility causing the infertility. They did the washing for him this time.

Ah, well, see how it goes. Some women have 1 egg and get a BFP and some have 5+ eggs and get a BFN. It's crazy. There's a story about a woman who had 6 eggs and the dr. wanted to cancel as it was too many. She insisted and not one took. Next month, 6 eggs again and all 6 took! All I know from what I've read is there is no formula for success. Anything can happen. :)

11 years ago

hello i did my iui last month 3 good eggs dh sperm was only 9mill lining was great and we where so poistve i had all he symptoms and even cramping as i was o ing and got a bfn af showed on time this month i have again 3 good eggs lining excellent dh had first iui thurs 8mill fri iui 5 mill then we bd last night after iui lets see what happens no symptoms yesterday just pressure but i had that last month i am not going to symptom check this mont i am going to try not to stress i to am looking for sucess stories

11 years ago

It worked the second time for me but didn't last due to thin lining:( DH has had post wash counts as high as 18 million and as low as 2 million. When we got pregnant the count was 6 million total but I believe that was due to the double IUI we decided to do(5 million+ 1.2 the next day). Better timing I guess. If it doesn't work within 6 tries and your DH's count stays below 10 million (most responsible clinics will cancel if less than 10 million) I would consider IVF. I know it's expensive, but go to Canada and it winds up being cheaper than doing a bunch of IUI's ($6,000 in total). After 2 years of trying everything under the sun, IVF finally worked for us!! The first try! Good luck and I hope IUI does the trick for you!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Our first iui worked, but sadly we miscarried 7 weeks later. We only had one really good egg. Since we've had 3 additional iuis' with 2-3 viable eggs and nothing. I find that with each cycle I had symptoms, but when I got pregnant, I knew I was pregnant almost right away. I hope that's the case for you. Good luck.

Dot

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! Just wanna update here. My first IUI worked! I'm now pregnant:) my DH and I are so excited!!

I got a BFP on my first natural cycle IUI, with a low sperm count.

Unfortunately, it was a chemical pregnancy.

I just did IUI natural cycle #2 with a lower sperm count post wash.

I am 34 DH is 40 No known fertility issues User Image User Image User Image

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo