Community post

Question

Should I test at 10 DPO with First Response 6 days Sooner??

i will be 10 dpo tomorrow and i would like to test with fmu using my first response 6 days sooner but i dont want a false negative or false positive... HELP

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

It really is up to you and if you can wait. I personally have found it so discouraging when I have tested too early and get the negative. It's so hard for me to wait, but this time around in our trying for #4, I'm waiting to at least 13 dpo or when my period is actually due to test. This past month, I waited until the day of my expected period to test, and ended up getting my period that morning before I could even test. It was disappointing to get my period, but much less discouraging for me then to have tested and got negatives. In my 3rd pregnancy, I did test too early several times and got negatives. I was SO disappointed. It was so emotional. My period then never came, and took a test that evening, and it was positive, BUT, I honestly hated the rollercoaster and going through all the tests beforehand. I have had friends too who have tested really early and got a positive, to then only get their period after that. In my opinion, I say wait 2-3 days! =)

11 years ago

ok well i appreciate the the reply i think i will hold out till the 22/24 if AF does not show her ugly face!
thank you

11 years ago • Post starter

I didn't get my first positive until I was on cycle day 31. I don't know how long my cycles are as my peorid has been very irregular so I would wait until AF is due

11 years ago

ok thank you i appreciate it

Im also 10dpo, & took a test this morning w/ fmu. Bfn. So im going to wait & try again sat w/ fmu. Best of luck! Hopefully we will both get to add our names to the bfp list! Lemme know how it turns out.

11 years ago

at97383

i took a test this morning with fmu first response 6 days sooner and a BFN came up!!
i know i got a BFP for the 10 and the 11 i just hope an egg actually dropped :/ idk what to do now

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo