Community post

Question

5 DPO, i think....

The beginning of April I was believed to have had a chemical pregnancy. I stopped taking BCP at end of packet in March, got my "period", then bled again from April 2nd to the 7th. I then got my period on April 28th, the usual length, and was believed to ovulate on the 12th. Although im confused, many sites said i was fertile from the 8th to the 12th....so does that change my dpo? Because i had sex on the 5th, knowing sperm can live up to 3 days.
My cm was very wet and a little ewcm for a couple days. Sorry so long. Any answers are appreciated.

ttc for 1 month

Also, if i am 5 dpo, is it normal to have cramping. (expecting af in a week, the 24th or 25th)

1 Answer • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

It sounds like it's just you body adjusting to coming off the birth control. It's very normal for it to take a couple months (or more) for your body to regulate after birth control. Websites, apps, and the like cannot accurately predict your fertile times/ovulation. They just go off typical averages, which may or may not apply to you. Why do you believe you ovulated the 12th? Do you chart BBT or use OPKs? I suggest using one or both to help figure out when you might ovulate.

Sperm can live up to a few days, but that's only in ideal situations. You should have sex every day or every other day during your fertile window (a couple days before ovulation, the day of ovulation and up to 24 hrs after ovulation). EWCM most often appears shortly before ovulation and is very fertile, so if you see it, you should have sex.

Having cramping (as long as it's not severe) in the TWW is normal. It can happen from pregnancy or AF, symptoms alone can't tell you if you may be pregnant. GL!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo