Community post

Question

Can a UTI delay ovulation?

My cycles are irregular, but usually are about 35 days most of the time, so I ovulate somewhere around CD 21. Today is CD 23, no positive OPK yet and no temperature rise. The longest cycle Ive had in the last year was once at 41 days, all the rest were 31-35 days.

The last day or two Ive started wondering if I have the beginning of a UTI. I have a couple mild symptoms(very slight non painful twinge when I pee, mild lower cramps), but nothing painful or obvious like usual when I get one. If I did get a UTI sometime last week or over the weekend, could that delay ovulation?

User Image

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Yes. I googled it and it can delay O and your period. Here is the link to the most direct answer.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Could_Uti_delay_your_period__t147538.html

Good luck!

User Image

12 years ago

Any illness can delay O, but they don't always. Good luck!

12 years ago

Thanks guys!Well, doctor confirmed a mild uti. It still doesnt even hurt, I just feel a slight twinge occasionally. But now Im CD 24 and STILL no positive OPK. I have a 15 day luteal phase, so even if I ovulate tommorow that would make my cycle length 40 days. Only once in the last 4 years have I had a cycle that long. ugh :(

So now i have the antibiotic, i dont know if i should take it or not... Im not in pain, and what if it messes with conception if i ovulate in the next few days? Last month I was taking this same one during ovulation week and got a BFN even though our timing was perfect.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo