Community post

Question

Provera?

Hi Ladies! I had to take provera to jumpstart my cycle again, because it had been FOREVER since I had a period. I'm now on CD 47 with no AF in sight, and all negative HPTs. Has anyone else had to take provera? Have you had to take it more than once? What was the reason you were given it? How many cycles of provera does it usually take to get you going again? Thanks!

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hi hun

I was given Provera because I too, was never having a period. I was given three cycles worth by my Dr so I took it to start me off and I had my first CD1 a few days after I stopped taking the pills. I then started to take them again from CD16 of that cycle which has caused me to have a 30 day cycle. I'm now on CD8 of my second cycle and am gearing up to start taking it again.

Maybe you just need to take it regularly to ensure that you force a cycle? Right now I don't dare to stop taking it because I'm worried that I'll go back to having no periods again ... so I'll see what the Dr says I guess.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck hun!

I'm 28 DH is 29 Currently TTC #1 Suffer with unexplained infertility Using Provera & Clomid right now Cycle #1 =

12 years ago

Thank you!

12 years ago • Post starter

Well I just started taking it march 1 to regulate my periods but come to find out I tested on the 8th and I was pregnant! And that happened with my last son to!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo