Community post

Question

?

okay, i have a question i f we can take opk as a hpt and it comes up positive can a hpt pick up the LH hormone?

6 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

OPKs don't really work as HPTs. Some women get some sort of line their whole cycle whether or not they are pregnant.

Check out this website
http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

User Image

12 years ago

i am just confused i'm getting faint lines on the hpt, i had a chemical pregnancy 14 days ago so either im still pregnant or its picking up the lh hormone.thank you for answering. x

12 years ago • Post starter

the way i understand it ... LH and HCG are very similar EXCEPT HCG has some additional element to it. the peeonastick website that's listed below gives an AWESOME explanation of it :), definitely worth a read. if you think you might still be pregnant, i would say call your doctor and have your levels checked. you might still have some of the hcg in your system though. i'm not an expert, without doubt ... but, that's what i would do if i were in your shoes. Good Luck hun - I hope you get the answer you're looking for! /hugs!

User Image User Image 6.23.2012 DD #1

12 years ago

sorry - i just re-read your question and my answer isn't really that clear although it's applicable :( the hpt should not register only LH; it should register only HCG. i hope that's more of a clearer answer.

User Image User Image 6.23.2012 DD #1

12 years ago

Yeah HPT doesn't pick up LH but OPK can pick up LH and pregnancy hormone, which is why it's a bad HPT test as you don't know which is making the line.

User Image

12 years ago

thank you ladies so much, you've been a great help. good luck to you all xxx

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo