Community post

Question

Exercise and trying to conceive - 15dpo!!

Okay so this month I started a workout routine of walking on the treadmill for one hour about 4 days a week. I usually complete 3 miles or a little less. Could this have affected my chances of getting pregnant? I'm now almost 2 days late...I ovulated on the 29th of August and AF was due Sept. 12th. My symptoms are sort of random I think...belching/mild nausea/ strong smelling morning urine/ pronounced montgomery glands/ swollen breasts/ unusually oily hair and skin/ acne breakout/ mild headaches (not like the intense migraines I usually get before my period) I'm testing tomorrow morning (First Response Early Result HPT) but can anyone give advice or experiences? Are these symptoms of PMS or pregnancy? Could my light exercise be affecting anything? Its my first month trying and I'm nervous that I'm going to get a BFN tomorrow morning!! Thank you!!! :)

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Cant tell u much because ive havent gotten my BFP yet....but working out is good! so i have heard...cant harm you unless u have never worked out before and are pregnant then they say not to work out....good luck!

12 years ago

I think that as long as your heart rate stays under 160 you should be fine. That said, my dr. said that while I was training for a half-marathon that it wouldn't affect my chances of conceiving. We didn't start trying until after I ran the half though so I don't have any first hand experience. I still work out 3-4 days a week, but nothing that intense. This is our 2nd month of trying...missed the O' date first time around since I've been on BC since my daughter was born and didn't know how long my cycle was. Hope you get your BFP!!!

12 years ago

as long as you dont over do it you should be fine

12 years ago

You should be exercising, just listen to your body. Make sure you are getting enough oxygen and don't push yourself past what is comfortable. I have three kids and I think there is a 4th one brewing and I exercised during each pregnancy and they are all healthy. Your body will let you know when it's had enough.
I jog and lift weights and this week I have been getting tired a lot faster than usual so I have slowed down a little just incase.
Good Luck!

12 years ago

That little of exercise should be fine. Walking is not strenous and shouldn't cause any issues. Many of my friends were running 50 miles a week and still got pregnant. Every woman is different though. I cut back on running a lot and stopped training for marathons just because it wasn't worth it to me. The first two months of trying I didn't really do much at all because I was so nervous. By the third month I was running a few times a week, just a couple miles at a time and I got pregnant that cycle. I think being active helped my body stay regular and I really think the exercise helped better my chances of getting pregnant.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo