Community post

Discussion

How long did it take you to get pregnant after MC?

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,

To those of you that already went through the horrible experience of loosing a pregnancy...I now understand how hard it is to go over such a sad event... I try to be positive and since I only miscarried at 5 weeks, we are trying our chance once again!!!

I was wondering, for those of you that have already had an early natural miscarriage...how long did it take you until you got your BFP again??? I want to be realistic...and I know that each person is different, but I am just wondering...

Thanks so much for your replies!!!
&
I for healthy pregnancy!!!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

51 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

51 - 51 of 51 Replies

Hi there. I can tell you that everyone is different and that having a DC is different than birthing naturally and may affect the firtility ablities after differently. I got pregnant for the first time in Aug. 09 with mono-identical twins. Meaning twins that share both a sack and a placenta. Making survival difficult. One of my twins didn't develop past a few weeks while the other one made it to 9weeks. I birthed them naturally at home at exactly 10 weeks, the sac came out whole with my little babies inside. One about 3/4 of an inch and the other just a grain of rice size. That was the hardest day of my life. I had to take them to the doctor and hand them over for pathology testing. I had to have my husband do it. I couldn't just do that to my babies. Well, exactly 2 weeks later was our first wedding anniversary. We knew that there was a huge chance of conceiving because I have an extremely normal 28 day cylce and that you are more firtile after a mc. We also knew that the doctor wanted me to go on birth control for 6 months before ttc again and she was just waiting till after my first cycle to give it to me. We took our chances anyway, figuring if we get pregnant oh well. I was really looking for a way to just feel better again and I knew that being pregnant would make me really nervous but would help my pain. Exactly 2 more weeks went by and my period didn't show up on the day or time that it should have... this is normal after a miscarriage but I knew.. I had that gut feeling that I was pregnant. I took a test and sure enough it was positive! I called the doctor and she wanted a quant test immediately. 1 week before we had sex my levels returned to 0 and after this test they were already back up to 3000. I was definately pregnant. The doctor thought that maybe I had tripplets and one remained. After the u/s it showed that this was a new baby and that the first day of this pregnancy dated as the last day of my prior pregnancy. 9 months later my son was born the day after his due date. My placenta was huge, healthy and placed in the perfect spot in my uterus. I got really lucky to have such a perfect pregnancy when it began soooo soon after my mc. According to statistics it should have not been so great and should have resluted in a loss as well. Because your body typically isn't ready so soon after. My body however seemed to bounce back immediately following. I hope you have lots of luck as well!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo