Community post

Discussion

July IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

TTC in July 2014

267 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

51 - 60 of 267 Replies | Last Page

Jessph- Chin up you're not out until the witch shows her ugly face. We've all been there. Think good positive thoughts.

Sumarian- BOO... I hope you figure this out. Not cool.

tjwjtw21 - I'm really sorry. Yes, hopefully the HSG will provide you with some answers.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

i am sorry Sumerian :( lets us know if you get the glitch fixed and how the ultra sound goes

9 years ago

The FRER was positive! The Wondfo is still light, but the light line is appearing much faster. I took the blood test over lunch, so hopefully results late this afternoon, though maybe tomorrow.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=289919

I've listed it as positive.

Thank you ladies for being here for all of my mood swings, I know there have been many. You ladies have made this bumpy road a lot easier and funnier. I really appreciate your all sharing stories/experiences together though this infertility challenge. If you don't mind I'd like to still hang out with you ladies to watch all of you get your BFPs. I know it's coming for each of you.

Now on to the next thing to worry about, progesterone and HCG levels.

Good luck with mid cycle scans tomorrow Texas and Maiden, I hope you have a bunch of perfect follicles. Can you feel them yet? One side or both?

Jessph, I know the feeling, I get that at about 9-10dpo each month (even this month). But it's still early, don't count yourself out yet.

Tjwjtw21, so sorry hon. So much baby dust to you. Your take home baby is coming. It's a numbers game, you just have to try try again. Crossing my fingers for you next month. Also, HSG is suppose to clean you out and you should have extra good chances for a few months after the HSG. Take ibuprofen before, that one hurt way more than the SIS.

Baby Dust to everyone!!

9 years ago

SumerianMaiden, Have you asked if you can just pay for the IUI this month? The meds and ultrasounds are more expensive than the IUI for me. Maybe you can bill the insurance company after they get their paperwork corrected? If not IUI then at least can you do trigger and timed intercourse?

9 years ago

TX: I imagine I could do that...but I am not going to...The VA had a heads up a month ago that we were going to be doing this in July...And I am not sure it would be cheaper anyways...The sperm wash here alone is $350.00...same price as the US. I have no idea what the IUI procedure cost is. I know the meds are spendy...at least the trigger is anyways. For the letrozole, its less than $20.00. But the trigger is darn near $200.00.

I never feel any of the follies no matter which side they are on. I usually end up with some on both sides, though. I never know which side I O'd from until after the fact when the corpus luteum (sp) takes over.

If I cant get the IUI auth done in time...we will just do timed intercourse I suppose.

I don't think I will do the IUI every month. I have no tube on the left. So the months the follies are better on that side its nearly pointless. Sure there is a slim chance the other tube will sweep over and grab that egg...BUT I knw my luck and its not good enough for that to happen. LOL

Spoke to the VA and the reason why they have not sent the auth is because they have to know the exact date and time the procedure will be happening and then they do a one time auth for these...So every time we do it, I have to get a new auth for that day/procedure. SO tomorrow I will find out when it is for sure and then the VA will sent the auth. On another note, They did do a 6 month auth for regular infertility treatments such as the USs, Dr visits, and meds. This is a definite plus from the per visit and one month auths, so I am happy about that...And surely hoping this will not take another 6 friggen months!

UGGH....thought I better call my pharmacy and check when their auth from the VA expires and it also expired on the 20th!!! Good thing is..they will let me pick up the trigger shot anyways and will hold billing until they get a new auth. OMFG! So tomorrow when I call with the IUI details, I imagine I will also be asking for the new pharmacy auth beginning tomorrow as well. Some days I am not sure how I have not lost my ever-lovin mind!!!

9 years ago

TX- That is a TON of positive tests!!!! Hahaha! Congratulations! You're preggers!!!! How are you feeling?

IAmPregnant Ticker

9 years ago

Congrats TX!! It's been a long haul for you - enjoy!!

So sorry that you got tricked and let down tjw. I hate HPTs. Drove me so crazy that I ended up hiding my HPT tests and only doing the blood beta tests on 12DPiui.

Hope you girls don't mind me lurking and occasionally cheering you on.

Sumerian, with your DH's count, I think you could BD every day around O. My lucky cycle was the first time ever that we'd had intercourse, followed by IUI the next day, followed by intercourse the day after that. I'm not sure how we managed it but we did (usually DH requires a day to recharge). Anyhow, it could be what worked.

And for those considering acupuncture, I swear by it! Make sure you see someone specializing in infertility, and I'd also recommend you check out the book called the Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. Acupuncture and TCM (I took prescribed herbs too) totally changed my cycle. It wasn't cheap and it was slow (I did acupuncture and herbs for just over 6 months) but I swear the changes to my cycle, my period, everything, must have made a difference.

Oh and red, if you go vegetarian, you might want to consider drinking bone broths. Obviously not vegetarian, but eating entirely vegetarian isn't known to be totally fertility friendly (I was vegetarian until I started reading more about infertility and TCM). You can look up how to make bone broth online but essentially you simmer bones at low temperature with some veggies and a bit of vinegar for 2-4 days to get the goodness out of the bones. Freeze the batch in small containers and drink 1 cup of it a day.

And I also felt like it was never ever going to happen to me and that I was foolish for throwing so much money away on vitamins, herbs, drugs, IUIs, and acupuncture etc but it did after 4 years trying. So don't give up hope.

User Image

9 years ago

Tx-Wooooohooooo!!!!! So excited for you!!!!

Northern-Thank you soooo much for the information on acupuncture. Excited about my appointment in two weeks.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

oh TX i am so VERY happy for you. :)

I know this sounds stupid but i been with this group since what September and it is so awesome to see this ladies get their wish. It is like a part of me got it too. :) that being said it is hard too. Seen so many BFP i want mine too. Love you all ladies.

9 years ago

Thanks ladies! I'm walking around (well, really sitting in meetings) all day with a big stupid grin on my face. I feel like I've been holding my breath since my MC in Jan 2013, and I'm afraid to let it out yet. Blood works' not back yet, tomorrow AM sometime. doc did email that he check to see if it was in before he left the office though, that's very nice of him.

Texas, I know the feeling of being so happy for your friends, but disappointed it's not you too. Your time is coming, I know it is. How's your lining with Clomid? Have you talked to doc about moving to other meds?

The one piece of advice I'll give in this trying infertility challenge is to make sure you know what is optimal and know where you are on that scale. Then advocate for needed changes with your RE and staff. I spent the first 3 IUI's not knowing that my follicles were developing too fast to be viable. Then it took another 3 IUIs for me to get the docs to try everything in their toolbox to slow down that follicle growth rate. Now I know what is optimal and I asked for extra USs and extra blood tests so that we could see exactly how my growth rate was going. I also bug them to give me every measurement (blood and sizes on US) so that I can do the calculations. The "everything looks good", "you're right on track" doesn't cut it for me, I might have saved myself a few IUIs if I'd started digging deeper to begin with.

I'm not sure I'll let my breath go until after the 10-11 week US scan. That's when we found out about the MC baby's physical deformations. They said those would have happen very early in development, like while it was still a ball of dividing cells. So there's nothing I can do but worry. But not today, today is a happy day.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo