Community post

Discussion

July IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

TTC in July 2014

267 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

131 - 140 of 267 Replies | Last Page

11 DPO BFN. DH asked me this morning again if it was still negative. I nodded my head as I climbed back in bed. He said he's just disappointed that he can't get me pregnant. I told him I didn't have much hope in this cycle anyway because we weren't doing an IUI. Looking into freezing as an option since his work schedule isn't that flexible... Does anyone know about the cost, or percentage of sperm lost if you go the freezing route? I have a call in to my RE's office.

Sumerian & Texas- Hope both of you get your BFPs this cycle!

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

Slgamble: Thank you very much. I hope we are in luck this month also. My poor hubby was quite traumatized about having to leave his goods like that. LOLOL I admit it was quite akward, unnatural, and very weird. Although he agreed to do 3 cycles like this...I am not so sure they are going to get any easier for him. After the IUI on Saturday, I think he told me about 100 times he sure hopes this will work on the first try so he doesn't ever have to do it again. LOL

9 years ago

Sumerian- HA! My DH mentioned something about how maybe the techs in the RE lab would mix up his stuff with someone else. Insert "eye roll". So ridiculous. He finds the whole process uncomfortable also. I think we're willing to do probably 6 IUIs before we throw in the towel. I don't see us going down the IVF route unfortunately.... if we did I might need some time to think about it and save up the $$$$$. Our insurance wouldn't cover it and it's only a 10% increase over the IUI success from what I've heard (anyone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

Question: So I usually test out my trigger.....Today I am 4dpt and my HPT is just barely (and I mean truly barely) positive with SMU and a hold of 3.5 hours.

What the heck?? Can it be (almost) out this early??????

9 years ago

Sumerian- I think so because I tested it out on day 6dp IUI. I think it depends on the person though.

9 years ago

SumerianMaiden, no. The lightness of the line isn't a good indicator as to how much hcg is still in your system. The quality control on those things is just to make sure that they do have a line if the level is over a certain amount. Also dilution of urine also plays a part.

HCG has a specific half-life. Although your particular metabolism can speed it a tiny bit, it's pretty steady at about 27 hours. That means if you did Ovidrel (250mcg is approximately 6700IU), it will take about 10-11 days to clear your system lower than what a very sensitive test (FRER or Wondfo) can measure.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

slgamble - IVF success rate vary widely based on the RE and your specific health situation. You can view SART scores to see what your doctor's track record has been. My RE gave me 15-20% success per IUI but when you hadn't been successful after four, this dropped significantly. He gave us a 50-60% per IVF cycle so that's the route we went. I ended up getting pregnant from my first fresh transfer but it ended in a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. We are on to try #2 when we can save enough again!

IAmPregnant Ticker

9 years ago

Thanks everyone. Previous trigger months I stopped getting BFP HPTs around 8/9 days past trigger.

I do have a pretty high metabolism, so that makes sense.

I will probably not test it out every day this month like I have other months. So I think I will wait until like Friday when I am 7 dpt and 5 dpiui.

There is absolutely no way I am going to make it to 14dpiui before I test. LOL

Texas: have you gone for your scan yet????????

slgamble: We are not going to do IVF under any circumstances. Partly because we have no insurance that would cover it so we would have to pay the whole 100% of it. And also because I have 2 boys going off to college in just 3 short years and to finance IVF would seriously cut into the funds that we will need to send them off to school. I cannot do that to them or to our finances for that matter. If I did not already have children, I am sure I would feel very differently about it. But since the $$ for IVF would ultimately be an issue that would directly affect my existing children...I just cant do that to them.

9 years ago

OK well I don't know what to think. Went for scan. The ultrasound and the tech said one had ruptured. The Dr Said I Had One At 20 The other at 15. He said it would be a waste of 1200 to do iui today or the trigger. Even though both my opk and cbe monitor was positive today. He said come back tomorrow for another scan. It will either be bigger then we can proceed or it will be smaller and then it was a bad cycle. OR I could go against his advice and waste 1200. Sigh. What would u have done?

9 years ago

Texasgirl13, I think you need to start thinking about a new RE. This one seems a bit lost in the world of fertility. Do you know what his success rate is?

In the meantime, I suppose you have to trust him. Sorry it's all so ambiguous.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo