Community post

Discussion

July IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

TTC in July 2014

267 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

251 - 260 of 267 Replies | Last Page

can somebody explain how does the whole process of IUI with Clomid works?

Do you go to Dr before IUI procedure for ultrasound or do you just take OPKs and go based on that?

I am waiting for the call from the nurse and this is driving me crazy.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

I never had any side effects from clomid, but some women do.

How IUI with clomid went for me:
Cycle day 2-4 - go in for baseline scan and blood work
Take clomid CD3-7
CD12 - go in for ultrasound and blood work
CD13 - trigger (trigger date is based on your blood work and ultrasound so this date could be totally different for you)
36 hours after trigger - IUI
Begin the longest 2+ weeks of your life
18dpiui - Beta test

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

So as you guys know...still no AF and still no BFP and today I am 17 dpiui.

Do any of you check your CP?? If so, maybe you can help me figure out what is going on with mine. Beginning about 3-4 days before AF mine starts to move. But mine goes up not down. So by the day before AF, my CP is HSM/O.

Here are the last 3 days of CP with a bit more detail:

Sunday: MFC (closed but not super tightly closed, easy to reach, OS was turned to the side and pointing into my vaginal wall)

Monday: HMC (so damn high that even when bearing down I could hardly reach, little less firm than yesterday..but not hard and not soft, closed up tight like puckered up on lockdown tight, OS still pointing to the side into my vaginal wall)

Today: HFC (again so high I had to strain to feel it and couldnt hardly find the OS cuz it was so high. Pretty firm today. Feels more like my nose again, and the one time I was able to feel the OS its still tightly closed. OS is still pointed into the vaginal wall, but is now also turned up kinda. So its turned up and to the side. Not pointing down and easy to find like when AF is near)

At this point, I have to believe that this is all being caused by the progesterone. I wholeheartedly feel like if there was a baby in there I would be getting some sort of a positive on a test right now.....!!!!

9 years ago

basia_ i had some side effects with clomid, especially my first cycle. mostly just some moodiness that was hard to explain, you know like I was just sad and there was no reason for it. also some headaches but i chronically get headaches so that ma not have been from clomid. IU was never advised for us, we went right to IVF, so I don't know how that works.

sumerian_ although checking CP is great for ovulation, the research has wildly different opinions about when the change in pregnancy occurs and is not believed to be noticeable until a few weeks after an HPT will pick up HCG. good luck!

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Couldn't resist adding todays HPT pics to the gallery. The initial one I posted in the unsure section although I am 99% sure its a BFN.

On that note, I hate blue dye tests but couldn't find any yesterday. So that is today's mission.

The initial pic was taken at about 15 minutes. 1.5 to 1.75 hrs later I took 3 more pics. All showing the progression of a very nasty colored evap/false positive. All 3 are posted in the evap section. Its so annoying that these tests do this. And so randomly at that. Let me also say that in the evap pics...there is even a line that shows up on invert. Never had one do that really..usually you can see the evap line but there is no glow to it under the invert option. These tests are HATEFUL!

I used the same brand of blue dye test last night and it still does not have any sort of an evap line on it even now. Not even a "where the line should be" line. But this one today...the evap..is very deceiving. No wonder so many women get confused and get their hopes up!!

9 years ago

Thanks girls :)

I am so nervous to start this process but excited at the same time. I just want that baby so much !!!!!!

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

B. I do have side effects from mine but I am on a HIGH dose. Here is how my Dr does it.
Start AF
Day 3-7 Clomid.
Day 11 scan.
Wait for positive opk
Next day iui.

Though this time I want to trigger at 18.

9 years ago

Thanks Texas :)

I have been waiting entire day for the nurse to call me back.

It drives me crazy

9 years ago

Here's how mine goes:

CD 2/3 scan to check lining and for cysts
Start letrozole cd3 if scan was good. Stay on it til about cd13.
CD 11-13 mud cycle scan to check # and size of follicles. May or may not stop letrozole at this point. Depends on follicle size.
Hcg trigger around cd13...also dependent on follie size.
IUI (if doing) 36-40 he's after hcg trigger.
I also start 50/mg progesterone 2xday on 3 dpo and continue until my period starts.

This is my typical month although not every month goes like this.

9 years ago

Thanks girls for all your responses

I just created August forum if you are interested

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=62300

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo