Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

391 - 400 of 447 Replies | Last Page

@basia-I took co@10 as did my husband. I also took DHA and DHEA I have to take a special prenatal because my body does not absord folic acid properly, so mine is a methylated form. Leading up to IVF, i was also taking vitamin D and Iron supplements. I was taking like 15 pills a day! It was insane.

9 years ago

how you feeling LS?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

@basia- I am feeling really good. I have some waves of sickness, but it goes away quickly. I was 7 weeks yesterday. My bloating is starting to go down but i totally have a little pouch right now. I know it's not the baby but i feel very pregnant already.

9 years ago

LS that is so exciting!

9 years ago

@Texasgirl what did you decide to do?!

We are waiting a month to get things in order and figure out financing. Then we'll move forward with IVF next cycle!

9 years ago • Post starter

red - we will be on the same schedule then :) or close to it
I am starting my cycle at the end of May/beginning on June - depends how long this cycle will be.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA.

Texas - such a hard decision on what to do and when to switch over to IVF. We're in the same boat right now, except IUI is $350, versus IVF $15,000, so we've decided to try another cycle of IUI this month with FSH injectables.

Margie--I'm sorry about what you're going through. Hope that your bleeding stops soon for you.

While--I think I'm just a few days ahead of you! Good luck with testing (I think you'll test next week?)

LS--So exciting you're starting to really feel "pregnant", enjoy this exciting time!

Red--sounds like we're in a similar position. They are recommending us to do one more month of IUI with injectables, then IVF.

I'm 14dpiui and it's a BFN. I knew this was likely the case r/t my DH sperm count (1.5), and my situation (endo). Still sucky! Having signs that AF is on her way! I know IUI for us is only $350, but we're thinking about doing the FSH injectables and doing timed intercourse with U/S and blood work to monitor. Basically the IUI process without the actual insemination. I don't really want to fork out $350 to hear that his count is low again and we have a <1% chance again. Thoughts?

9 years ago

Oh forgot to say:

Basa: When do you leave on your trip?? Sounds amazing!

9 years ago

Cate - my vacation is in 2.5 weeks :) It is discouraging to hear from Dr that the chances are <1%. Is IVF a possibility for you guys? If not now then maybe in a year or so? If yes I would just start to save money for that.

9 years ago

Cate-I am sorry for the BFN. For my situation, DH had poor morph so we knew IUI was not going to work for us and IVF with ICSI was probably our only way. We did two rounds of IUI before moving on. However, i wanted to give you a happy story! I have a friend who was told her chances of conceving naturally or through IUI was less than 1%. Her and her husband were at their IVF consult and had no idea, but she was actually pregnant! They were still "trying" but she had given up on the thought and they decided to save for IVF. A week later she realized she was late and tested....blazing BFP! She just had that miracle four months ago! She also had endo, and did have surgery for it a few months prior. DH had low motility and morph, but they still did the trick! Stay positive my friend!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo