Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

91 - 100 of 447 Replies | Last Page

Kt you are Jewish?

9 years ago

No, orthodox christian.

9 years ago

Oh sorry :)

9 years ago

After ivf I was told not to have sex for 2 weeks but was never told that I can't after iui

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

After retrieval, I was told not to have sex for a week because of the risk of infection. And then after transfer, they said sex was okay, but no orgasms for 2 weeks. Then the high levels of progesterone basically made me O in my sleep and I freaked out. And then they said, actually, they were dropping the no orgasm recommendation - nothing had shown that orgasm was harmful and everything showed it could even be beneficial and there was no reason to stress about it.

In subsequent IVFs, they never mentioned orgasm. When I asked about it, they looked at me like I was a loon and told me to go forth and be happy.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

My clinic said the no sex or orgasms until my beta on the 14th, I'm not sure if they recommend it past that. My friend was at the same clinic a couple of years ago and they made her wait until the 7 week ultrasound.

Ladies, I know we've probably discussed this over the past month, but my 10,000 unit HCG shot should be out of my system in about ten days right? I'm 11 days past trigger and 4dp5dt and decided to see if the trigger is out of my system yet and got a positive, that wasn't using fmu- it was pretty diluted. I'm going to keep testing now to see if it's the trigger leaving my body (which at this point I'm assuming it is). I had wavered on testing out the trigger and decided I wasn't going to do it, but I obviously have zero self control and caved.

Keth- It's heartbreaking that people who want a family so badly aren't able to have children and other people get pregnant with children they don't want to keep. Hugs.

9 years ago

I had no idea of the no orgasm thingy, my Dr never mentioned it. A total and I mean total stranger told me. But tmi I am sure the progesterone is making me wayyyyy happy. Lol guess I will hold off now seeing as I am only 3 dpo, till at least implantation. On the plus side I finally got to take a shower tonight.

9 years ago

Basia.. There are no words.. I'm so sorry sweetie.. It's so unfair that after all your trials and tribulations this sweet baby isn't going to make it.. If you need anything please ask.. My mc nearly killed me.. It took me a long time to come to terms with it.. you still have your frozen embryo.. Give it some time but you still have a shot at this.. Keep that in the back of your mind when you feel your worst..

Brownie55, sounds exciting! Hope it's your positive! Post a pic!

There is a woman on my support board with IVF that went into the hospital today with her water broke at 21 weeks and it's not looking good.. All this sad news is so painful.. I pray you all get your miracles..

9 years ago

Brownie, for 10.000 units hcg is 14 days, but a lot of girls that check it through every day testing, they find that the hcg is gone earlier. I hope your line is that you are pregnant and not from the trigger. See tomorrow what will show, and post a pic. Good luck, we need some good news!
Ls, any news form the second blood test?

9 years ago

Browni - it might take longer then 10 days for the 10,000 to exit your body completely. Each body is different. Wait few days and test again.

AFM - I need to go for bloodwork tomorrow to see where my hcg and progesterone is. Hopefully it dropped and it is almost gone. I want this to be quick. Any idea if they will give me something to speed up this process? I know it was not advanced pregnancy or anything so I am just wondering if they usually just make the body do it on its own or give something. I am cramping but no spotting or anything. Ughhh I just want to move on.
On the good note... I live in US and I was debating about going to Poland in May for 2 weeks to visit my sister. I am suppose to be a godmother and baptism is suppose to be in May. I was debating if I should go when I was pregnant and going through IVF process but there is no stopping me now. I love visiting my sister and I can't wait to meet my beautiful nephew :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo