Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

231 - 240 of 447 Replies | Last Page

Thanks ladies. I am too scared to test. Brownie that is awesome!!!! Margie that is great.

9 years ago

Thanks everyone for your welcome messages!

Texasgirl--yeah, it's similar where I'm at. Dumb question, but are you in Texas? haha. IVF ($5900) in Ontario with ICSI ($1500) is about $7500 plus meds.

Basia - I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I read through some of the previous messages. My heart breaks for your situation. I think your day at the bench was so so special. I am a Christian and do believe in God's path for our lives. Sometimes that's hard to trust, but you received
a really cool reminder of good things to come :)

I'm not sure IUI will work, but we're willing to give it a shot. We have an appointment with our RE this Thursday to discuss our upcoming month and I'm going to push for medications. I would like to see more than one follicle especially related to my DHs low count.

9 years ago

I regrettably failed at not pushing harder or changing re sooner.

9 years ago

It's really hard to know when to push. My husband says "trust in this process", but I don't always...also I am a Labour and Delivery RN (which DOES NOT help). So...I've heard of all kinds of stories that produced pregnancy results. It's hard when their plan doesn't always align with your own.

9 years ago

I agree caite. However I spent almost a yr and half on Clomid, 6 months on 250 of Clomid. Never any testing, blood work, nothing. Thanks to my new re I know now I have a folic acid deficiency, and I need progesterone to help as well

9 years ago

Hey girls I have a question about progesterone oil injections. I stopped them over a week ago and my body where injections were made is super itchy and has many many red bumps like mosquito bites. Is this normal? I had big bumps and bruises when we were doing injections but not itchy. Could this be an allergic reaction?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Texasgirl--I can't believe that! I contrast that to my clinic, I've gone everyday for 10 days blood work and U/S. They monitor me to death. I don't mind, I love knowing exactly what my body is doing, but it does make it hard to plan and work. I can understand your frustration over your situation.

Basia--I don't know a ton about progesterone, but itchy/bumps is often an adverse effect of injections. Are you using ice before and massaging the area after? Also--are you using a long enough needle? Sometimes a bump forms when the needle isn't quite long enough.

9 years ago

@basia- It doesn't sound like an allergic reaction if you are getting the reaction AFTER you stopped. It would make sense if you were getting them as you were doing them. I could call and ask your doctor. I am sure its nothing, but might just want to make sure. I bet you could use some hydrocortisone topical though to help the itchiness.

@texas- I might have asked you this before, so i am sorry for asking again. However, i thought of you this morning and you testing neg at 10dpiui. How long is your LP again? Mine is super long so had i tested at 10dpiui, it would for sure have been negative too.

Are you testing again?

@cate- Sorry for the late welcome! I know many people that IUI has worked for, but for us it didnt work. DH had severely low counts, so IVF was our final answer.

I am feeling pretty good good today. I still have my normal amount of energy. The only thing that makes me sick is bananas...weird huh! I can eat about half of one, and then i start gagging with no warning. It's the weirdest thing. I am still hungry ALL the time, so that is an uphill battle. The worst thing that i have noticed, is night sweats every night from i'd say Thursday of last week. It's really annoying. I just wake up soaked. Last night i had a dream i was standing out in the rain and was drenched, and woke up actually drenched. Gross, i know. I am a little scared that i have not yet gotten m/s because i know that is a good sign. So i am secretly hoping that happens soon...nothing bad, but just to let me know baby is growing! My u/s is one week from today :)

9 years ago

Hey ladies,

LS - I'm starting to have mild stomach upset most of this time. I think it's just my body telling me I need to give it more food.

Basia - It seems strange that they wouldn't have cause a reaction when you were actually taking the shots but it is now. Maybe the area got irritated some how? Also I loved your story about the beach. I truely hope you get your sticky baby soon.

Texas - I didn't get even a squinter until 11 DPO. I hope you get your BFP in the next few days.

CateMat - This is my first time trying an IUI. It appears to have worked, at least so far.

AFM - 13DPIUI, my test is still getting darker but it's still a faint BFP. I really hope that I start getting stronger ones soon. Tomorrow I'll call and let the RE clinic know I got my BFP and schedule my Betas. Luckily I'll be alone in the office tomorrow so I'll be able to do it in private. I woke up twice last night drenched from hot flashes and nightmares. I dreamt that I just kept testing and testing and nothing was happening and that my temperature dropped... it didn't and I had cramps all morning. As long as it's a good sign I'll take all of it.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

@margie-I think you should test with a digital! Those are the best. My first time testing (after my beta) the line tests were super faint, but my digital said Pregnant! Fun to see!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo