Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

101 - 110 of 447 Replies | Last Page

Basia- I am so sad you are going through this. They may just have you wait if your body is Working on its own but otherwise they may give you Cytotec but it didnt work for me. But I was almost 9 weeks when I took it and I heard it's more effective in earlier pregnancy. Good luck girl. I too hope it's quick for you. And enjoy your trip! What an amazing opportunity.

Me 39. DH 35 TTC since Nov 2013 Me-2 DD 8 & 9 from prev. relationship Clomid Cycle 1-MC 7/22 cycle 2 & 3 BFN 1st IUI February 2014 BFP on 2/22 4/2 blighted ovum IUI 2-6 BFN IUI #7-100mg clomid, follitism, novarel

9 years ago

Basia, there are no words.. I am so sorry you are going through this.

9 years ago

so they mentioned to me on Saturday that it is possible that I had chemical pregnancy and this is what I found which makes me hopeful:

"As a woman ages, more and more of her eggs become weakened/debilitated leading to abnormal embryo formation. Therefore the miscarriage rate increases. If the chemical pregnancy occurs after an in vitro fertilization cycle (IVF) or an intra-uterine insemination cycle (IUI), it can be a good sign. Keep in mind that assisted reproductive technologies can only give you the opportunity to get pregnant. Whether or not implantation and pregnancy occur are up to the body’s and the embryo’s natural processes. We do not have the technology to make that happen. It has to happen on its own. So the fact that those processes occurred is always a very good sign. It is for this reason that we draw our bHCG’s earlier than most clinics in order to see if the patient has a chemical pregnancy. If the patient has had a chemical pregnancy there is a high likelihood that she will achieve pregnancy eventually."

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

update- it was totally still the trigger, tested this morning and negative. At least I have a starting point now, not going to test for another week I think.

Basia- Poland sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it will get your mind off of all of this.

9 years ago

Basia, this helped me a ton when my fresh cycle failed.. Thought maybe it would help you too:

Recent studies have shown that there is a higher clinical pregnancy rate after frozen embryo transfer in a controlled or natural cycle compared to a ovarian stimulation cycle with gonadotropins. Shapiro (Fertil Steril 2013) showed that the pregnancy rate from a single embryo transferred in a frozen cycle was 56% compared to a single embryo in a fresh cycle (26%).

Roque (Fertil Steril 2013) also showed in a meta-analysis of 3 studies that frozen embryo transfers resulted in significantly higher ongoing pregnancy rates. A recent meta-analysis by Maheshwari (Fertil Steril 2013) of pregnancy outcomes showed better obstetrical and perinatal outcomes after frozen transfer than fresh.

A Finnish study showed equal rates of prematurity, and low birth rates and better fetal growth. The current theory is that altered gene expression in the endometrium may be present in cycles where high doses of gonadotropins are used, but not in frozen cycles.

Other factors may also contribute to increased success in frozen cycles. There is less stress on the body, both physically and psychologically. Women are not days out from surgery, still with abdominal bloating and pain when they receive their embryo. Instead, the entire treatment cycle consists of only one sonogram and blood draw in most cases.
Additionally, Reproductive Science Center patients have a choice in the day of frozen embryo transfer and can arrange work or childcare schedules to allow for more down time and a relaxed environment. There is no risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), a rare complication associated with fresh cycle IVF.

We are still accumulating data at RSC to see if elective embryo banking and “Freeze All” cycles are more successful than fresh IVF transfers, but we are confident that they do not lower the pregnancy rate.

By Dr. Mary Hinckley

Read more at http://rscbayarea.com/blog/are-outcomes-of-frozen-embryo-transfer-cycles-better-than-fresh-embryo-transfer#ChMj4Khh3zv57JA3.99

9 years ago

Morning ladies. Sorry I didn't post much over the weekend. I tend not to since i dont have my computer.

Basia- I am so so sorry for you and i just cannot imagine what you are going though. However, i totally know that i could be joining you at any point. I just dont feel like we are ever safe. You have a great outlook and I am excited to hear about your trip. You have a frostie which is great news as well.

@browni-I hope you do get your real BFP here soon! Although, i really dont think i would have gotten mine until MAYBE the day before my beta which would have been 8dp5dt. I tested once at 6dp and it was negative so i stopped torturing myself and didn't test until we heard from our doctor. After i got the call about my beta, i tested on every stick i had in my house. One of them was still super faint, but a digital showed Pregnant. Throughout the weekend, my tests have gotten darker. I also think it just depends on how fast your body metabolizes the trigger. Mine always does really fast.

My doctor never really mentioned no orgasms or anything. Although, we still haven't done anything because we are both too scared. My poor hubby! He's quite the trooper ha.

So i had my second beta this morning and am just waiting for my results now. They said they should be available around 1 today. I am remaining cautiously optimistic. Praying we get a nice rise in numbers and can my u/s scheduled. I have been testing ever since we found out, and my lines are getting darker, but I know anything can still happen at this point.

9 years ago

My sister-in-law had a baby this morning, my niece announced her pregnancy yesterday, and my temperatures dropped today. :(

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

oh my ladies this is such a hard battle. i am sorry :(

AFM i am 4dpo and nothing except fullness, and bloating. i also am having hot flashes lol i think it is the progeterone.

9 years ago

@essemkay- I am so sorry. It is so hard to hear the announcements. I truly do not feel like it ever gets easier. You are happy for the, but you still hurt every time. I am sorry. Hugs to you lady. We all know how it feels and are here for you.

@texas-Are you on suppositories? I seriously think i am the only one who has no symptoms from them. It made me feel like nothing was working! I would be happy from feeling that to know your body is doing what its supposed to be doing!

9 years ago

Essemkay, hugs dear!
Basia, i hope your trip will be perfect!
Texas, all you feel are very normal.
Ls, waiting for your results!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo