Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

371 - 380 of 447 Replies | Last Page

Adams that is GREAT news! I wish we could fix morphology, I need to have DH do another SA. We get the numbers for everything except morph at the IUIs so if morph is still really low then we can decided what to do from there. Count and motility are great but if they can't penetrate the egg we are doomed. I will do an IUI w/ injectibles before I go to IVF. Maybe even a couple more, give DHs sperm time to rebuild with the meds/vitamins. I am praying we conceive naturally this summer while we are skipping the RE and meds :-)

Texas, I wish I had an answer for you. If you truly feel you just want to take the jump to IVF, go for it! It is a lot of money and could be put towards IVF, but if you could get pregnant without IVF it would be great too. Have they tested your egg reserve? Is she telling you why she feels IUI will not work?

Essem, I have heard tons of women rave about acupuncture.. Do you truly think it helped? I'm tossing around the idea of trying it. Heard from doctor yet?

Nikki, don't give up honey. I know it sucks and is completely heart breaking but when it happens all of this will be worth it. Month after month I want to just give up but I keep telling myself NO! This month was my last IUI till after our trips this summer and I am not even sure my follicles released eggs :-( I am waiting on labs to come back to confirm.

9 years ago

Texasgirl, I'm in the same boat as you, except a medicated IUI for me is about $2k. I talked to two friends tonight about the process. One has done IVF and has twins from her experience. The other friend has no children. I too would rather only spend $2k but if it doesn't work, it would've been nice to put it towards the IVF. My friend without children asked me if I had to give one answer, right now, do or die, what would it be and I said IVF. So I think that's my answer.

Meeting with RE tomorrow to hear his thoughts. DH's count was good so we'll see what he suggests on moving forward but I think he may say IUI first.

I'm researching now for any TX rebates, etc, and will let you know what I find.

9 years ago • Post starter

I started acupuncture early this week. How often do you guys go? Since we are planning on having another IVF in June the acupuncturist wants me to come 2 times a week. She said she would like to have more time before IVF but also understands that we don't want to wait. By the time my retrieval is here I will most likely see her for 2 months. Hopefully that will be enough.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

So I want to share this with those who are thinking about acupuncture and if it is beneficial - well I don't know yet if it will help but it is super relaxing. Also, right after chemical AF came and then I kept spotting for 13 days. When I was there at my first visit I told the acupuncturist what has been happening and she told me that the goal is to clear my system and that after the session I might be bleeding a bit more and that she will speed up the process of getting my body healed. That afternoon I did have much more spotting and then it stopped. Don't know what she did LOL except pinched me with few needles but it worked :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Basia30 I went once a week, but then also the day before retrieval and on transfer day.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

FINALLY connected with my doctor, but it's not terribly good news. My lining is crazy thin, it was only 0.3mm on Friday and they like it to be at least 1.1mm by that cycle day - and since it took so long for him to get back to me, it's too late to try estrace this month. On the plus side, I had two really good follicles on the right and at least 1 on the left (the left was hiding a bit), so my ovaries are responding nicely to the clomid at 50mg, so he's not going to change my clomid dose or switch to femara. He said still give it a shot this month, sometimes the lining can thicken after ovulation, but basically he said the odds were in the toilet.

Next cycle, he is changing the days I take the clomid from 5-9 to 3-7, adding estrace from CD1, and bumping up progesterone.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

essemkay - did you go before transfer or after transfer on the transfer day????

9 years ago

@basia-I started acupuncture the beginning February for my March IVF cycle. My guy said that was plenty of time to work with me. I was going twice a week up until my retreival. After my retreival, he saw me once a week. He wanted me to come right before my retrieval, and the DAY OF my transfer. So after my trasnfer, i went directly to his office. He worked on me for like 2 hours. After that treatment, i went once a week up until my BFP. He wanted to see me until we saw the HB. Now, i will go once a month. I think it's most amazing treatment i have ever experienced. It has helped me tremendously. I have heard of women not having a period in months and going to acupuncture and getting AF right away, and it being regular from there on out. I can not explain to you what it does, or how it helps, but it totally does!

9 years ago

Basia30 after transfer. Although my RE also will let acupuncturists come there, my acupuncturist was near my home and the clinic was fairly far away.

9 years ago

Thank you :) I will see what she wants to do and when she wants to do it
I am super lucky and all my Drs and clinics are withing 15 min from my house and withing 5-10 min from my work.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo