Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 at 25

After trying to calculate my ovulation for 2 weeks I finally got my positive ovulation yesterday at CD 24! I was afraid I had already missed it so though it was much later than I thought, I finally got the positive! BD twice last night so keeping our fingers crossed!! TTC since August!

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi I am 25 and TTC #1 too. We are only on our first month of trying but I also got my +opk on CD24 and i am now 3dpo so have my fingers crossed too!

12 years ago

Fyea, so how long are your cycles typically? and I am guess this maybe your first cycle?

Stefanie, good luck! Now your in the 2 Week Wait....so just try to relax and keep yourself busy or else you will go crazy....

Hi ladies I am also 25 and TTC # 1 not much longer and I will be 26 (yikes!)
I have been trying for 8cycle now... and well for some it can be a quick journey once they have figured out timing and such...and for some it can be a little longer journey... but I wish you both the best!

I will pass along some information that may help you ladies and stuff you may already know.....
- opk's are great to help you know when your about to Ovulate, so they give you the heads up!
- BBT Charting is great too.. it helps you determined if you did infact ovulate
- so maybe try both opk and charting for a few months if you havent conceived already... and that will help you see your cycles and what normally happens..
- checking CM can be useful but then again you really need to do it daily just like charting... b/c once you've done it long enough you will know your body better.
- take a prental vitamin (its recommend for ladies TTC and really any lady of child bearing age)
- its suggest that every other day during the fertile time will help get you pregnant but some ladies just time ...

Also if your coming of birth control, like the pill... if can take awhile for your cycles to actually regulate...and may even take awhile for you to ovulate..and you may not ovulated a cycle or 2 along the way.

12 years ago

Though we've been trying since August, this had been only my second time using an OPK. I went into it thinking getting pregnant would be quick as long as we BD more often than normal. But now I've decided I've been frustrated enough and in going to get more serious about it. My shortest cycle was 21 days and my longest was 36, so AF is definitely not regular, but never irregular enough to have ever missed an entire month! The only thing I don't like is since I'm trying more seriously this month I've also been obsessing about it more than usual : / I did pick up some prenatal vitamins yesterday!

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi Fluffmonkey, if this month doesn't work then i will be BBT charting next month, already have my BBT thermometer just in case. I've also been taking prenatals since a week or so before we started TTC. I've also been checking my CM which has been going ok, and CP (although thats a bit harder for me to notice the differences). Fingers crossed for us all xx

12 years ago

Fyea, Oh okay, so you've been on this journey for awhile too...I can relate to that... and I also to thought that we would get pregnant right away... but its been tough. So your cycle is 21-36 they can vary time to time so its good to keep with them.. Since your cycles have kinda varied in length its possible your timing was off on some...like you may have ovulated later or sooner then expected... but the opks will help you determine when Ovulation is close..so hopefully that should help. and good for you picking up the vitamins!! They should help too... I read alot about B6 & B12 being important.. and folic acid is most important! I didn't take prenatal at first... after 3 months went by I started taking a multi-vitamin but then ditched them few months ago and started the prental one's

Stefanie, That is great your taking your prenatals and its good your already checking things out ... I don't really check my cp b/'c to be honest I am not sure I am doing that right?? lol but CM is way easier to get lol The one thing about Charting is to remember - do it as soon as your eye lids open in the morning and do it at the same time or atleast close to the same time... I always kept mine Thermometer under my pillow so I would remember it, when the alarm went off lol I am not charting now though I did for a few months.. and things lined up with my opks.. so I took a break b/c that can be stressful...

I think stress maybe a fact of why I am not getting pregnant easily ... maybe other things.. but stress is a big thing and can cause lots of things in our bodies... so try to keep the stress down... which can be hard... b/c trying can be stressful.

12 years ago

Hey ladies!
Im 20, but Ill be turning 21 next week (woohoo). Iv been actively TTC since September, but Im was "trying by not preventing" for about a year before that!
I would suggest that yall try charting BBT if you dont get pg this cycle! Its helped me alot in trying to pinpoint ovulation!I always thought I Oed on CD 12 or 13, but I actually dont O until CD 15 or 16!
GL and Baby Dust! =)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo