Community post

Success story

13 months TTC

I'm honestly still in shock. We have been trying to conceive for 13 months now, and i JUST got my positive! I don't think this could be anymore perfect....my husband and I just got married in August, but we knew we wanted a family so we started trying a year before we got married. For the first 6 months I wasn't doing any sort of tracking, but then I started using OPKs to try pinpointing my time even more. I then found an absolutely amazing TTC BFF and she taught me how to temp and chart. Ive been charting for 4 months, but this last cycle I didn't use any OPKs or charting because we were on our HONEYMOON the week I knew I'd be ovulating, and I didn't want our honeymoon to be much more than relaxing and spending time with my husband. I noticed stretchy CM during our honeymoon so I knew i'd for sure be ovulating, and then came the gruesome TWW.
I temped this week just to keep track so if I was going to get my period I knew which day I would get it. yesterday my temp went up .3 degrees, yet I started spotting. So I was bummed thinking I was for sure out this month. Today my temp was still up to 98.2, but I spotted some when I went to the bathroom. I Called my sister to tell her, and she told me since my temp was still up and i'm only spotting that I should still take a test just to see. So I did...and today, which I'm guessing is 15 DPO, I got my very first POSITIVE. It was a dollar store cheapie, so of course I had to run to target for a Clearblue Digital...because I want to SEE the word Pregnant! I took it as soon as I got home, and I saw those magic words!
After 13 months, I wasn't even sure anymore if we were going to be able to conceive naturally, and to my wonderful surprise....we can, and we DID! I have yet to tell my hubby, I'm waiting for him to get home from work so I can tell him in person. Today is truly one of the best days of my life.

My advice for all of you women is to track and know your body!! Understand how your CM works in case you don't want to go through the hassle of temping and tracking every day, and once you do....you'll get those magic words you've been looking for! Baby dust to all of you!

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo