Community post

Discussion

Continue new thread from previous. Cycle buddys

View Full Post

My last thread got lengthy and am affraid it will lock out at 15 pages( that its on) according to admin. Calling out my last cycle buddies as well as new ones. Most of are waiting to O

4483 Replies Closed • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

101 - 110 of 4483 Replies | Last Page

Cronins. I havnt read that. Ive been trying to look up, in what order do things happen like, cervics rises then softens or vise versa. But cant find anything. So that info about the cm is interesting. As bad as i wAnt to give up, its not an option. Hope you get your surge soon too!

7 years ago • Post starter

Dandy,

Here is some info.

1. Before Ovulation (lower probability of pregnancy)
In the first days following your period, you will notice very little discharge and the vulva area can be dry. During this phase, the possibility of pregnancy is low.

2. Approaching Ovulation (increased probability of pregnancy)
The discharge that appears during this time will be moist or sticky and white/cream colored. When performing the finger stretch test, the mucus will break apart easily after a little distance (< 1 cm). As this phase progresses, you will notice an increase in volume, that the color becomes more opaque, and that you are able to stretch the fingers farther apart before it breaks.

3. During Ovulation (highest probability of pregnancy)
This is the stage in which the cervical mucus resembles egg whites. It will be at its thinnest, clearest, and most copious during this time. The sample will stretch several centimeters with the finger test before breaking apart, if it does so at all. The volume will continue to increase until it reaches a point called the ‘mucus peak’. At this point, ovulation is most likely occurring and chances of conception are highest. Additionally, the survival rate of sperm is highest at this time than at any other time of the cycle (up to 72 hours), which greatly increases the chances of fertilization.

4. After Ovulation (decreasing probability of pregnancy)
During this phase, the cervical mucus returns to its previous, tacky consistency (breaks apart easier), the volume decreases, and the dryness returns to the vulvar area. As a note, the consistency of semen (the fluid carrying the sperm) can be confused with cervical secretions, so use caution with this test after intercourse to decrease likelihood of incorrect interpretation. Other factors may also influence the accuracy of the reading, including vaginal infections, certain medications, and birth control methods and should be taken into consideration during your examination of discharge. Advanced reproductive age (over 35), irregular menstrual cycle, hormonal imbalances, or recent surgical procedures on or near the cervix can also have an effect on the quality of cervical mucus produced and make this test more challenging to interpret.

7 years ago

Hmmm. Much appriciated. You can never have to much knowledge. Lol. Always good to keep learning.

Good morning/ afternoon ladies,

Well dandy your not the only one that is having issues with opks. I tested last night looked the same as the one I posted.
And this morning it was light again. I dont think I Oed or not DH and I BD last night and this morning just in case. Random number do you think DH sperm can mess with my opks. I think i am just grasping straws here. Lol.

Praying for baby number 3!

7 years ago

Hi miam, i was trying to look that up, as well. I found some conflicting articles. But most say that it doesnt mess with them. how long does a pos opk last for you? Is it possible you had the full surge over night? Mine is so quick i usually only catch it once, and test 3 times a day. The last few days i have been testing about 4 or 5 times a day. Lol

I usually have like 3 days of + OPKs on the internet cheapies. Unless it was a fast surge. Honestly have no clue I guess i will find out if my temp goes up tomorrow. Just weird but this is the first month of red raspberry and baby aspirin so who knows what's going on

7 years ago

That is strange miam. Head scratcher for sure. Wish i could chart. My kiddos night terrors are a lot better so im not up as much w him at night but he still wakes me at 5:30. So no time to role over n grab the thermometer.

Right! It is strange. My chart has been all over the place this month. I usually temp consistently but just kinda whatever About it this month. I was reading up and I heard some girls that are doing the redred raspberry leaf had delay ovulation wonder if it's the same. My body wanted to ovulate but the was like oh no you don't. Lol.

7 years ago

Good morning baby dancers! Maim, it seems like anything taken for firtility delays ovulation. Grrr. Lets make this processes a little more nerve racking. Lol. Hope your color come back dark soon and it doesnt delay it very long. Cronins, how are yours coming along? Afm, not much to report. Although i must say they have evened out. Had some color last night( just a little) and it was the same this morning. So thats an approvement. Lol. Ordered more opks online today from pregnancytests.com. Hope they ate here in two days like it said. Lol

Hey dandy,

I like the opk's from pregnancytests.com. I bounce between using them and Wondfo, lol. I just ordered 50 pregnancy tests from them, because they are cheap but higher quality than other internet cheapies. They have awesome products. That's good that your opk's are starting to get a tad darker. Fingers crossed for you.

As for me, my opk's are still the same. Still getting a low fertility reading on my clear blue easy advanced fertility monitor. That's not a surprise though, I usually ovulate on my own without medication by CD 17-20. I am only CD 11, so there is still plenty of time, lol. Can't wait to trigger though and really get the show on the road.

Miam: How are you doing this morning?

Katie: Any updates from you? Hoping you are doing well.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo