Community post

Discussion

Dep-Provera

In June 2010, we were surprised to find out that I was pregnant and in July 2010, I miscarried at 9 weeks and had a D & C to follow that.

I decided to start birth control again because of the saddness that I still felt and nervousness ( about it possibly happening again). Then, in January 2011, I decided to start Depo-Provera (thinking it was an easy alternative) and had my last shot in May 2011.

Little did I know, the complications and issues that we could possibly face because of the Depo decision. It wasn't until coming off Depo that I read about and realized some women really have problems with conception after that.

My OB/GYN ordered Ortho-TriCyclen Lo to regulate my cycles and it worked. I had normal periods for 2 cycles with the pill. I stopped the pill then and decided we would now try to conceive our first baby. I had a normal period (ON MY OWN), which gave me a 28 day cycle. The next month, I had another normal period and that was a 27 day cycle.

Now, I've began BBT charting to see if I am, in fact, ovulating. My OB/GYN seems to think so because my periods are regular but said they still could be anovulatory cycles. We are moving into 8 months since my last Depo- Provera injection and the estimated time to get pregnant is 6- 10 months... so FINGERS CROSSED!

My BBT has been around 97.3-97.5 and the last 4 days were at 97.2 and this morning at CD 12 temp charted at 96.8.... So, I HOPE that I am really ovulating!! :)

Anyone else have a similar experience?

8 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Depo = DEVIL! I was only on it for 3 shots about 3 years ago and it took me 14 months and 5 rounds of clomid to finally get my BFP (4 days ago). I hope that it doesn't take that for you!!!!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

It really is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!! I also had 3 shots. Did your period come back regularly right away?

12 years ago • Post starter

I was on the depo shot for 4 years. I recently got my period back in August and it is not normal at all. I really wish I didn't go on the shot. We are trying for our first and it's taking awhile and every time I get excited about possibly being pregnant I just find out it's my cycle being messed up because of the depo shot.

12 years ago

Smmerz: Did you try the pill to see if it would regulate it quickly? I didn't want to do that, I just wanted to try for a baby immediately but my doctor said i'd just be let down :( Well... here I am.. still being let down, just two months later! But, I'm hoping that with my cycles being normal, maybe it's not so bad. Good luck!!

I didnt' actually get a period for about 6 months AFTER my last shot. Then it was light but like 15 (bleeding) days long! and then it got SUPER heavy and i had cycles that lasted 20 - 55 days.

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Oh my goodness.... that's terrible. I wish I had known (or done my own research) before getting it :( BUT, Congratulations! :)

i had 2 shots of deop then stopped as was making me put on weight it took 12 months for my cycle to return to normal have been trying for 15 months now and have had 1 m/c (5months ago)

12 years ago

Lottie, did you have regular periods after stopping it? Or, did it take 12 months for your periods to become regular again?

I'm just at a loss. I've been having regular periods 27/28 days apart but I don't know if I'm ovulating. I started charting BBT and decided to also use OPK, had a very shadowy line today and temps again at 96.8 for two days in a row. Prior to that, my temps were 97.2 for four days in a row.

I'm glad I found this site though... TTC is a tough road.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo