Community post

Question

Clomid & Trigger, Success?

Hi All,

This cycle was my first with 50mg Clomid and I had produced two mature follicles at my mid-cycle ultrasound. My Dr. also gave me an HCG trigger shot but I opted out of the IUI for the first time around. (Husband's sperm count/ mobility is all perfect).

I had an HSG, Sonohystogram, several blood tests and also had a large cyst removed in the last few months and starting Clomid was my next big step. My hormones do not work correctly throughout my cycle (after Depo-Provera) and my Dr. seems to think Clomid is the answer.

Can anyone share any success stories with me? My dr told me to wait 16 days to test but has anyone gotten a real positive earlier? I read online that the HCG should be out of my system by 10-12 days but wanted to know if anyone had any experience?

I just want this to work SO bad. I'm tired of let downs and need some success stories or encouragement to get through the next 10 days!!!

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

i would try and hold off as late as possible /close to af you can get .. so you dont get false positives... i dont have experience with it but i know its common doing it to early. I wish you lots of baby dust!!! I know some women that have used clomid and whatever other meds with success .. just try not to stress out to much ..

11 years ago

Thank you :) I'm trying to hold off but this is the worst tww yet!! My dr said I was safe to test 16 dpshot... So I suppose I'll have to wait :) thanks for the encouragement!

11 years ago • Post starter

The trigger was usually out of my system by 10 days. I never got pregnant with Clomid but that's because I have severe hormonal issues from my PCOS and was resistant to Clomid. If it doesn't work I would really suggest getting an IUI next cycle. Even though your hubby's sperm is good Clomid is well known for making it harder to conceive since it makes you have a hostile environment and dries you out making it hard for the sperm to reach the egg and kills them off more quickly. My husband has good sperm too but my doctor also recommended IUIs for that very reason. If you want to spend the money you can test every day and once you get a negative on the test you know its out of your system for good and the next positive you get is real. Good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo