Community post

Discussion

Ovulation?

This is my first month charting BBT and the temps have varied from 97.5 in the begining and for the last 4 days have been 97.2. I'm on cycle day 11 right now. I'm wondering if anyone who has more experience with BBT charting can tell me if this means that I might be ovulating soon?

I am TTC after a miscarriage in 2010 and then going on Depo- Provera and ending that. My cycles came back immediately and have been between 27 and 28 days since ending Depo (Last shot in May 2011) but I don't know if I'm ovulating or not.. which is why I decided to chart.

I wrote this last night and now I'm on CD 12, my BBT was 96.8 this morning... hmmm??

Please help or just share your experience!

9 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

It sounds like you ovulated. Are you utilizing a Dr? If so, you could go in on CD21 for bloodwork to confimr ovulation. Good luck!
-Coleen

12 years ago

Thanks Coleen. My dr hasn't recommended anything like that. I think the main thing was to make sure I was having a regular cycle first ( still not sure if it's anovulatory or normal) but he seems to think it's not likely to have a regular 27/28 day cycle and not be ovulating.

I wish I would have known all this BEFORE going on Depo! My Dr. really doesn't seem concerned and keeps saying wait until we hit the 10 month mark to start any sort of testing.

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi Jennifer,
When it comes to using strictly BBT you can only confirm ovulation once it's happened. Your temps don't seem to have jumped so i'm not sure if ovulation has occured. If you have a 28 day cycle maybe we can assume you will ovulate around day 14 but that would just be a guess. On my chart my temps went from 96.9 onthe day of ovullation to 97.2 the day after and remained in the mid 97 range for the next 2 weeks.
Do you use OPK's or monitor your CM?
Feel free to ask me any more questions.

12 years ago

hi again,
Just took a look at your chart and it definitely looks like you ovulated on CD14 and you timed BD perfectly! Best of luck!!

12 years ago

Hi Laurie!

Thanks so much for your insight. My temp actually just updated today at 97.1... I am SO confused!!! I had EWCM yesterday and today seems like nothing... so that confuses me more lol but, I guess I'll just see what happens!

Thank you :) Any more help with my chart is greatly appreciated!!! lol

If you had EWCM yesterday and now nothing today that kind of confirms ovulation as well. After ovulation CM tends to dry up..
Your chart looks good so far. As long as those temps remain high for the next few days I'd say you definitely ovulated on CD14.

12 years ago

Scratch that! Still having ewcm today....I'm so confused :( I think after being on depo it just screwed me up. But , ill wait to see how my chart looks at the end! Thanks so much for your advice!

Have you tried using ovulation kits? They totally helped me in figuring out when I ovulated when I got pregnant with my son in 2008. We are using them once again now since we are TTC again! Good luck I hope you get your BFP soon!

12 years ago

Thank you for your response! I plan to use opk next cycle, I wanted to see how the charting would turn out and all it's done is confuse me. Now, I'm concerned maybe its a low progesterone issue in the luteal phase... Temp dropped today so I'll see how it is tomorrow. The chart just isn't helping lol except to tell me that I probabbly did not ovulate,.... But still had ewcm. I have a dr appt on the 16, so I'll se showing him this chart and hopefully getting some insight!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo