Community post

Discussion

Think I'm out :(

Hi everyone.
I'm 17 DPO and AF was due Monday just gone (21/11/11). Just did a First Response 6 Days Earlier test and it was a BFN. Think I'm deffo out this month :( MEGA upset. Have had heavy sore boobs for weeks now with raised bumps and increased cervical fluid. Really thought this was it for us this month. No way will I get a BFP if the test has said that today and I'm this far along my cycle.
Best of luck to the rest of you.
Baby Dust.
Lou :) xx

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hun, it's not over till the ugly witch shows her face! Secondly, I think you should always rely more on a blood test (beta HCG) as none of these home pregnancy tests are 100% accurate (yes not even the ones that say they are 99.9% accurate).

POAS can give you a wide range of results depending on how dilute or concentrated your urine is. Also, your result depends a lot on when implantation occurred. So if implantation occurred late (it can occur as late as 12dpo) then there's a chance your HCG levels are not yet high enough to be detected.

I don't want to give you too much hope and have you come crashing down.. but when I read your post I just had to tell you that it's not over till it's over.. If I were you I would be scheduling a beta for tomorrow.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!

xoxo

Me: Hypopituitarism, slightly atrophied ovaries. DH: no issues Naturally tried: 2008 Clomid + OPKs: 2009 - 2010 FSH + timed intercourse: Sep 2011 IUI#1: October 2011 IUI#2: November 2011 IVF#1: FEbruary 2012 User ImageUser Image User Image

12 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply :)
I think I threw my dollys out the pram a bit earlier when I got my BFN. I was just so disheartened. I even said the same as you to someone the other day "It's not over til AF shows", I will leave it a couple days then test again. Praying for that BFP this month.
Thank you for taking the time to reply and making me smile. Everything you said was correct.
Lou xx

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey ladies, Im new, and i love this site already! Been following for a while now and shoot it helps sooo much to know youre not alone! anyway, today i am 16 dpo , and got a bfn this morning and i am completely discouraged. but,,, no af either, so what gives???? Anyone else had this happen to them, let me know. I need some encouraging words..
Kim

12 years ago

just some words of encouragement....when I was preggos, I was late 3 days before I even got the faint positive. Hold out hope until she shows!

12 years ago

Thanks for the replies ladies, and encouragement :) Still BFN but I'm full of raging flu. Absolutely wipe me off my feet :(
Going to see how things lie on monday, if still no BFP I may pop to the docs and see if a blood test might be in order.
Keep me posted on how you all get on. I'll get back on here properly when I'm a little better.
Baby dust to all

Lou xx

12 years ago • Post starter

The way I feel today, i'd swear I am out too, I am dpo 11. Af is supposed to show up in 4-5 days. I did a preg test this morning (because mom gave me a stick -- it was calling my name, lol) and it was a negative of course. My temp dipped way lower than it was for the last 10 days, almost .5 lower. Maybe I am implanting today I guess... though I don't feel as though I am. Just slightly sore bbs, mild back pain, almost no cm.

Do you think I am out?

User Image[/url]

12 years ago

Okay now im super excited... just when i was giving up. Today is cycle day 25... i wiped and (okay TMI i know) a big long string of pinkish cm came out with some spotting/smearing of blood on the toilet paper. Usually when its my period, i see brown cm, never pink. And I have never had a period this early before... guess its possible... but by tonight I will know if it is AF, for it will get worse. If it stops... that is a good sign I guess. Esp if my temp is back up in the morning. Sadly, this probably means Monday morning is too early to test if implantation was late this afternoon. (i had an ordering deadline to meet Monday -- if i spend the 550 dollars, it could be for nothing if i end up pregnant. If I don't order... because I assume I am... and when its far along enough to test... if its negative then I miss the cycle and won't be able to participate till jan's cycle. Praying I can get a result on Monday (if this is not AF of course).

*crossing fingers and toes*

User Image[/url]

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo