Community post

Journal

Fingers crossed for success!

14 DPO and my period was due. Had been having mega cramps on both sides and my back was soooo bad. Was sure AF was going to show. Had thrown my dollies out the pram this month as tested at 10DPO and saw nothing (got my first BFP at 10dpo last time), so I threw away ALL my pregnancy tests and ovulation tests!!!
So day 14 comes and I wake up feeling mighty sick...couldn't even put the tooth brush in my mouth without gagging!! Struggled all morning with a 'sick' feeling and had to visit the loo quite a few times to urge my heart out!!
Said to my OH I really didn't feel right...and made him search through the bins for my thrown away tests!! Took them up to the loo and said 'I'm sure it will be negative and you're going to hate me for making you root through the bins like that!'.
Did the test and left it on the side.
Went back over to look and there was a faint second line appearing. Didn't get my hopes up and left it for a bit longer!
Went back and there was no denying the line. Started shaking like mad, I was so scared after what happened last time.
Called OH up to the room and said 'I'm pregnant'. We can't believe it - first month of trying since I had a badly damaged tube removed!!! Unbelievable!! A miracle!!
And so here I am 16 dpo and absolutely terrified bad things are going to happen again!
Have rung my doctor with message for her to call me today.
Will need an early scan to check all is where it should be. Keep telling myself the same thing can't happen as I had the bad tube removed so the fertilised egg will have made a safe journey this time.
But everytime I go to the loo I keep expecting to see the start of brown discharge or a bleed like last time.
I don't think that fear will leave me until we have a scan.
We want you so bad baby 'magic'. Please stay with us.

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Hope all goes well for u both this time, I had ectopic in 2006 and all was fine with next pregnancies in 2008 GL and H & H 9 months

11 years ago

Thank you Hun for your kind words and positive vibes :)
I have an early scan this Wednesday (Jan 30th). Will know more then. Very scared after last years experience, but keeping positive xx

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo