Community post

Discussion

BFP after ectopic & tube removal last year.

We aren't going to tell anyone we know or family. But we got a BFP on saturday. 14DPO.

First month of trying after I had my left fallopian tube removed in September 2012.

Had an ectopic April 2012 which was horrific and took months to stop bleeding. They discovered I had a blocked tube and the fertilised egg never made it to it's destination - just stuck there in my tube awaiting it's awful fate.

So worried bad things will happen this time so not getting hopes up until first scan is done.

Want this baby so bad.

Due September 2013.

Please stick baby 'Magic'. We want you so bad. But never forget baby 'Brian' last year who we never got to meet. Would be 1 month old now. Think of you every day.

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Firstly, congratulations on your bfp! :)

I was in a similar situation regarding an ectopic pregnancy in early 2011 but sadly my tube ruptured. I had surgery to remove it which also led to removal of my right tube. I fell pregnant within a month after having operation and I can relate to how you feel. I was in a bit of a panick after i discovered i was expecting again and I phoned doctor to arrange scan and thankfully baby was in right place :) That baby is now 14 months old and currently ttc for the past year with no luck.

Im sure everything will be fine honey and seek reassurance with early scan xxxx will put mind at ease

11 years ago

Thank you for your reply Natasha! It gives me hope.

I hope you get your BFP soon. Sending you LOADS of baby dust and hope it happens for you in the not too distant future.

xxx

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks huni and good luck with everything and sure everything will be just fine :) xx

11 years ago

Im confused if your tube was blocked how did the sperm get to the egg to fertilize it? that doesnt make sense it should not have been able to reach the egg so I dont think you tube was blocked i think it may have been a flut and bad luck. Im happy your prego again!!! :) good luck.

11 years ago

It became blocked due to the ectopic. There was scarring to the tube from a previous pelvic infection which caused the fertilised to get stuck and develop there.
Hope that explains it better :) x

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo