Community post

Discussion

Hydrosalpinx after ectopic

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to post my troubles to see if anyone is in or has been in the same boat as me. Could sure use some success stories or reassurance.
I found out I was pregnant on April1st this year (shoulda known it wasn't to be) after 8 months trying. 10 days later I started to get a brown discharge with the odd bit of bleeding. I was diagnosed with having a urine infection - but I knew in my heart of hearts there was more to it. I've had 3 previous pregnancies and never experienced that.
I was sent for an emergency scan as the discharge continued. At the scan they said it was an ectopic as my womb was empty but my HCG was still going up.
I ended up passing the sac out into the toilet and bled out for about 6 weeks - quite badly at times.
I was scanned again weekly for quite a few weeks afterwards. It took about 3 scans for them to pick up I had a haemorrage on my left ovary. They felt with time this would heal by itself.
I went for a scan again yesterday to discover the bleed and fuid had grown and it looks like my tube has wrapped itself around the ovary.
I have to have my left tube removed asap and possibly my left ovary at the same time. They will run a dye through my right ovary and check what state it is in, there was nothing noticeable on the scan, but I have read online usually if one is bad then the other usually is?
I seriously hope all of this is purely from the ectopic.
Please has anyone experience this also? If you did, what happened and did you ever conceive?
So worried for the future. We get Married in March next year and my 3 boys aren't his children and he really wants his own. We would love one together.
Thank you :) xx

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I am not in your situation but I wish you all the baby dust! Even in situations where doctors give women very low percentages of having more children or any children, countless women have babies anyway, and even women with unexplained infertility with everything working perfectly sometimes for some reason never conceive! I believe and doing what we can with medical help but keep the faith in your body.

11 years ago

Thank you so much :) I had my op which was successful and this is our first month of trying again. I only have one Fallopian tube now but it is 100% healthy and both ovaries are intact and working :)
Thank you for the positive vibes and baby dust!
We will never give up hope.

Lou xx

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo