Community post

Discussion

Was excited to try but now not so much!

Last Thursday i took a home preganice test and it came up slightly postive, I called my OBGYN and they took blood was told wouldnt get the results till monday, i woke up monday with some unsual bleeding and went to the ER the OBGYN office sugessted i go, the doctor in the ER said almost all women who are pregnant with there first child miscarry, I was so upset hearing this, she took blood and ultra sound and and did an exam and says oh well you just must be having a really bad period, so i called my OBGYN back and they said to come back this Thursday for more blood work to see whats going on and to see if my hcg level has raised any more because it was a 7 and if i was pregnant it would be way to early to show anywhere and there blood test is more sensitive then most, i then went home and was bleeding for 2 days today its seems very light like it wants to stop, I was told for a lot of women that i know they have been pregnant and have had what they thought was there period, but now i am just terrified after what the doctor said!

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Well I am sorry I can't give you an answers but I do hope you get good news soon! I think if the bleeding wasn't very heavy that it may have not been a m/c just from what I have heard...but hopefully you will hear something back soon!

((hugs))

11 years ago

Unfortunately, that is partly true. The good thing is that it does not happen with ALL women. When I had a late miscarriage(at 7 months, previous pregnancy was an abortion some time prior) and was going through a rough time with it, blaming myself; feeling like I was being punished for what I had done with my last pregnancy there was one thing that my doctor and mother told me, that helped. They said it happened for a reason. Which sounds so cliche, but it's true. When a pregnancy ends in miscarriage it's usually, more often than not, because of a birth defect or issue with the baby or placenta. I still hold on to those words and just tell myself that it wasn't in the cards for me to have that baby, and maybe God was looking out for me with that one. Whether you're a person of faith or not, one things clear about how you're feeling. You're scared and thinking negative thoughts and I understand, but keep positive, keep thinking good thoughts. It'll happen when it's right and when your body is ready. If unfortunately you did miscarry, hold on to the thought that maybe its not a horrible thing. Maybe there was a reason.
Baby dust to you for the future. If you end up being pregnant, and just spotting I'm happy for you :) Either way, stay positive!

User Image User Image*credit to who need it. to those starting out. & to those who've survived this journey.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo