Community post

Question

TTC : Baby number 2

Hello!
I am off the depo injection since April 2019 (been on it for a year) and trying for baby number 2. I have never had regular periods ever since and I know the chances of getting pregnant after the depo shot is between 6 months to a year or more.
So since I came off the depo shot how can I track my ovulation cycles when I have irregular cycles? I bought tons of ovulation kits but I feel as they are not as accurate as i want them to be . I have been feeling pregnancy symptoms such as cramping, nausea etc but the pregnancy test gave me a false positive as I checked again the following week and it was negative. I am also taking seven seas conception tablets which could maybe cause a false positive?? I am trying my best I can to prepare a successful pregnancy but its hard to keep track with my irregular cycles. ????

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

As someone with a past of really irregular period I recommend to start OPKs around cycle days 6-8. You also should test at least twice a day until you get a positive result. You can also track other symptoms for ovulation such as fertile cervical mucus. Around ovulation it should be similar to eggwhites. During ovulation many women can also have pain in their ovaries. It can take a few cycles to get a hang of it.
Oher than tracking CM and taking OPKs you could also track your body basal temperature. Unfortunately I can't give you any good advise on that since it's unsuitable method for me. But the idea is to track various phases of your cycle by your basal body temp which is measured in the mornings.

Good luck with your TTCing journey!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo