Community post

Question

Can someone please enlighten me (pic attached)

1st test was ten yesterday with SMU
2nd test was taken yesterday night;no urine hold (it’s very light but it’s there and showed up in time frame, all of them did)
3rd test taken this morning with FMU
Also this morning I took a FRER test (not pictured) and got a negative or what could have been a vvvvf positive but you had to squint and look hard to see if it was really anything.
4th test was taken today around 5:30, no urine hold and it’s clearly negative.
How could I get all those positives and a negative ? I’ve been reading about the blue dye tests and are they really that bad? Idk what to think. Also I’m 9dpo (going based off of my period tracker app)
Any opinions ??

user submitted image

9 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I been getting the same thing I’m so confused idk what to think anymore I also took a first Response and had a really really faint line I’m supposed to my period tomorrow!

4 years ago

My period is due in 4 days! I took another first response today with FMU and a Clearblue but they looked negative but took one of the equate ones like pictured and a positive (in the time frame) so idk I’m thinking maybe they’re false positives?????

4 years ago • Post starter

Blue dyes really are that bad, lol. They work after you've confirmed with a pink dye or after a missed period, but I wouldn't use them for early testing. I've had multiple experiences just like yours, and they never turned out to be a true pregnancy. I am pregnant currently (4w4d or 18 dpo) and while I did use blue dyes after the fact for progression, I used a FRER first at 11 dpo for my BFP.

Good luck!

4 years ago

I would try with a pink dye. Blue dye are notorious for evaps but the || tests look positive to me. And is the clear blue test an early detection or rapid results? RR is more like a sensitivity of 50 mIU vs the others being like 25 mIU. Good luck!

4 years ago

I believe it was a Clearblue Rapid Results. I didn’t know they were 50miu I figured since it said test 5 days sooner it was a sensitive test. But I also took a dollar tree test just now and it was negative???? But I have another to try in the morning with FMU. All of the blue dye test lines showed up pretty much immediately. But I took a FRER also this morning and it was negative again or what looked to be a line you could barely see. Im just going to say maybe I’m out this month? Or maybe it’s still too early? Idk what to think at this point.

Hey Sheeki89, id talk to doctor and get some bloods done when your a couple days late for af. Its the the best way to know ???? good luck

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttcs

4 years ago

Im sorry to say maybe you’re having a chemical? When I had mine last month I had some tests that were darker than others but none ever got as dark as the first hpt I took with with daughter. Had my first faint bfp on a Saturday, by Wednesday morning tests were bfn again, my symptoms of sore breasts and heartburn were gone, and I started bleeding Wednesday evening. Feel free to snoop my profile if you wanna look at the pictures of tests from my chemical.

4 years ago • Edited

That’s what I’m thinking it may be... but the lines arent getting lighter/fading away... they’re just staying the same pretty much. I took a dollar tree test this morning with another equate and Walmart 88 cent (all FMU) and I didn’t get anything on the dollar tree or Walmart test. So now I’m thinking these are false positives? AF is due in 3 days. I feel like I’m probably out this cycle and those tests were false

Hey Sheeki89, how did you go? Have you spoken to your doctor?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttcs

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo