Community post

Discussion

Family Miscommunication??

So my partners youngest sister announced she was pregnant with her second child on the 1st of April 2019. We did our best to say congrats and asked how she was feeling etc but she has taken it as we werent happy enough for her. (Note: we, up until this point, babysit her 1st child - 4yr old girl almost every weekend, even had spent money on keeping clothes and toys at our house). So while my partner and i were at work she came to visit the monther of the 7wks old baby (lives with us) and took all of the toys and clothes we had bought her little girl. She hasnt apologised and is now acting like nothing has happened. Are we over reacting for being furious over this behaviour or should we just moved past it??

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttcs

4 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

What!! I would be furious too. The things you have purchased for your nieces use while at your home DO NOT belong to her. How dare she come in to your home while you aren't there and take things.

She needs to apologise and return everything she took. I wouldn't be baby sitting for her until she can do that. It sounds like you do a lot for her and for her to act like that comes across very petty, mean and manipulative. She has no right to treat you guys like that and you have every right to be furious!!

<a href=

5 years ago

Thank you, i was worried that we were just being petty because we havent let it go yet. She has been in our house since and tried to talk my partner a few days ago. Im a little ashamed to admit that i hid in my room while she was here. Just so i didnt have to see her.

5 years ago • Post starter

I believe she needs to apologize since it wasn’t her house and her stuff to just come and take. Keep in mind though that she’s pregnant and her hormones making her acting out a lot more than a normal person. This is of course not an excuse but is something to keep in mind if you decide to talk to her! But the bottom line is that she isn’t right!!

User image

5 years ago

Thanks Alexplpl, i do understand what you mean about the hormones. Im just struggling to let the anger go. I dont normally hold grudges, i just dont like people thinking its okay to steal from family and then ignore it. But i will definitely do my best to take in if and when we talk.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo