Community post

Discussion

Can pregnancy happen if you have sex on your period?

Hello ladies, It's been a bit since i have been on here. I am now no longer TTCing, I have become single. So my biggest question is...Can a woman really get pregnant on her period...... you see i had af arrive on the 23rd of september and i had sex TMI i know, on the 26th, yet two weeks later i started to notice ,increased sleepiness, moodiness ,nausea, food adversion, increased appetite when the moment presented itself, heart burn, headaches, bloated, cramping, gassy, and tender breasts, as well as some weight gain. gained 6lbs. While im used to the lack of sleep due to having a school aged child and working two jobs, I decided to take a pregnancy test and well i saw the faintest of lines so i decided to test again a couple of hours later and sure enough there was a line, still rather faint but there, so i decided to take one in the morning just to see if it was true. there it was not too dark but darker than when i first took it. however i did 4 test of the same brand and got everyone faint lines. I decided to slpurge and buy the expensive ones, at first i thought nah they arent positive now i check back after the 3mm and there was a pronounced line on the one. which was afternoon, the second one i took the next morning and it was really really faint.....so do i believe these tests and go through the trouble of bloodwork or do i just wait for af to show up again? im on CD 24 and 8 dpo.... my symptoms havent changed or left. AF is due in 5 days. i am terribly confused

5 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I mean a line is positive, so you are pregnant. I would make an appt to get bloods done.

5 years ago

This is what the American Pregnancy association website says.....Sperm can live inside you for 2, 3 and up to 5 days. You could have sex towards the end of your bleeding and then actually conceive 4 or 5 days later with your early ovulation. The probabilities of getting pregnant while on your period are low, but the possibilities are there.......best of luck to you!

User image

5 years ago

I fell pregnant during my period, so it's definitely possible!

Mummy to Skyla & Joey

5 years ago

Did you post any of your tests? If I was you I'd keep testing to see progression. You should do whatever gives you the most peace of mind right now. You could call your ob to let them know you have a positive pregnancy test, and explain the situation/ask for bloods to confirm since you're dates are so funny. I've heard of other mamas getting pregnant on their periods and some when that is the only time they can get pregnant so it's definitely possible. Although like Rooroo917 said the probability is low. Bloods would certainly confirm it! Good luck hun!

5 years ago

Thank you all who posted,i will be posting my pictures up and maybe get opinions

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo