Community post

Discussion

Need a place to open up...

My husband and I are excited to have more kids. Currently we have 2 very healthy boys and we are grateful and will be very happy if no more babies happen for us. We always wanted 4 kids, and as I get older, I’m kind of feeling a time crunch to make it happen.

We just started “trying” this cycle, and did not have high hopes. Except, I got a very faint positive around 11dpo, and have gotten several no matter what time of day, the last 4 days. AF was due three days ago, and I definitely have more pregnancy symptoms than PMS symptoms. Yet, I cannot get a real confirmation on a HPT.

My Dr. ordered blood work for me, but after my miscarriage last year, I want to wait until I’m a couple more days over due for AF. Just incase.

Today’s FMU was even more faint than yesterday, so something tells me I will be getting my period. I’m still having pregnancy symptoms, they have not decreased, in fact I’m feeling more today than any other day.

I know getting the blood test will tell me for certain, but something in my gut is telling me to wait. My best friend did not get a + on her HPT until she was more than 1 week late! I know it’s possible to be pregnant and have a successful pregnancy and not get confirmation on an HPT. It’s just not happened to me. I’ve had three pregnancies and I’m one that gets a good + the day I expect my period, and can even see faint + around 10dpo. So this is just different.

How are you ladies doing with conception and emotions?

9 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Sounds like your having a rough time :( sorry to hear about your loss. For me emotions always run high when it comes down to conception. The worst part is not knowing.

User image

5 years ago

Pretty much! And I am trying to listen to my gut and wait until Friday.

5 years ago • Post starter

Hang in there and be strong!! Please keep me posted as you go and I'll keep you in my thoughts! Fx

User image

5 years ago

Girl hang in I was six weeks with my baby girl and couldn't get bfp at all just faint lines got blood and they said hcg 65 hcg and I was either wrong about dates or losing my baby but she is turning 1 in just a few days and after ultrasound I was right on dates just low hcg but baby is fine so hopefully good news to come

thanks for help and praying for the best for you too

5 years ago

That makes me feel great reading that @bmuffin1990!! Congratulations on your baby girl ????

Went and had blood drawn today, hoping I don’t have to wait until Monday to get a call from my Dr.

Aaaannnnd another early miscarriage. Passed a couple nickel sized tissue pieces and then some clots but all brown. Then started middle of Saturday, and got a call from Dr. that HCG was 3. Last time we conceived pretty much the same thing happened, it was almost exactly a year ago.

So sorry to hear this, it definitely is so heart breaking. I am still emotionally recovering from my chemical pregnancy and it was couple of months ago. I feel horrible, but mostly because I wanted another baby so bad. This is my first cycle back trying, and my hopes are not very high, mostly because I have no pregnancy symptoms and negative FRER and period was supposed to come today. I hope you are dealing better with your emotions than me...
Hang in there...

5 years ago

@Mama_to_4 I hope you get a soon. It’s so rough when you want it. I think I was feeling hopeful and then seeing a few faint +’s made me excited. I was trying not to “feel” too much until I got a solid positive. I’m sorry about your loss, too.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo